+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peter Wyngarde dies

Peter Wyngarde dies

Another one bites the dust. Loved Department S. Career ended when he was found cavorting in public lavatories. No one would be fussed today, although you would be hard pressed to find any public lavatories these days.

Funny how he was supposed to be a "ladies man" in Department S get it was obvious he pushed s h I t uphill without the need for a wheelbarrow!

Those programmes were so incredibly brilliant and camp and of their era.

The Champions,The Protectors,The Persuaders,The Avengers and of course Adam West's Batman.

I loved the sheer scale and decadence of those programmes and as a kid I insisted on my own suitcase so I could pretend to be The Man in a Suitcase.

I also used to make my own computer consoles and screens from cardboard boxes so that I could throw them around in my own version of Voyage to the bottom of the sea.

Many hours spent entertaining myself until mum pointed out I was 37 and needed to get out more.

You forgot The Saint, Mick They were all fabulous programmes in their day. Others were The Baron, Randall & Hopkirk (the remake was a travesty} The Adventurer with Gene Barry, Danger Mon and The Prisoner. They all had brilliant theme tunes as well.

Also along the same lines don't forget Dangermouse and the classic "Multiple Penfolds" episode.

Loved all the above tv program's mentioned + loads more still play the themes from them on U- tub ,
    ( sad I know ) .

Wyngarde's lavatorial escapades took place in Gloucester. Still talked about in the city. We don't have much happen down here. Wyngarde, Freddie & Rosie are the 3 most remembered for their crimes.
    Pete's toilets were in the bus station which is being renovated so they were knocked down last year. I'm slightly surprised they weren't taken down brick by brick and rebuilt on the site were 25 Cromwell Street used to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Funny how he was supposed to be a "ladies man" in Department S get it was obvious he pushed s h I t uphill without the need for a wheelbarrow!

Those programmes were so incredibly brilliant and camp and of their era.

The Champions,The Protectors,The Persuaders,The Avengers and of course Adam West's Batman.

I loved the sheer scale and decadence of those programmes and as a kid I insisted on my own suitcase so I could pretend to be The Man in a Suitcase.

I also used to make my own computer consoles and screens from cardboard boxes so that I could throw them around in my own version of Voyage to the bottom of the sea.

Many hours spent entertaining myself until mum pointed out I was 37 and needed to get out more.
    LOL Mick.
    Did you know millions of American kids have grown up thinking the real Admiral Nelson was in charge of the Sea View, while hundreds of Brit kids thought that Gwynneth Thomas and her daughter ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Wyngarde's lavatorial escapades took place in Gloucester. Still talked about in the city. We don't have much happen down here. Wyngarde, Freddie & Rosie are the 3 most remembered for their crimes.
    Pete's toilets were in the bus station which is being renovated so they were knocked down last year. I'm slightly surprised they weren't taken down brick by brick and rebuilt on the site were 25 Cromwell Street used to stand.
    The West's were the original NIMBY's

He was also caught by an agent provocateur in the lavs at Kennedy Gardens in Birmingham about a year after Gloucester. They have also been demolished. He also released one of the weirdest albums ever which was controversial for having a track entitled rape. All bizarre songs although i quite liked Neville Thumbcatch. This album is worth hundreds of pounds

Regarding Fred West Chris.

The funniest joke I heard about that saga was the one that went,

"Cromwell street,Gloucester now has the best value property in the country.

For just £50k you can buy yourself a desirable two up nine down townhouse!"

Sick I know but it always made me loff.

Amazing how cunning that pair were,like Tubbs and Edward from The League of Gentlemen......"we won't have any of that here,we are a local shop for local people"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)