+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Thomas

Nathan Thomas

Stevens has been poor for a while now and the only other option is Lafferty who was also poor and replaced by Stevens. As our current system is with wing backs rather than traditional full backs so why do we not give Nathan Thomas a go ?.

With him on the field against Wednesday i am sure we would have had much better service into the front 2 and he would have given the piggy full back many more problems.

For me this lad has great potential and this is the one area where we are the weakest.

Admittedly this is not his usual position but i am sure he could adapt and give us the width we desperately need.

Herbert mentioned this on another thread and no one really picked up on it but i think it would be worth a try.

Maybe Christopher rates him going forwards,but Thomas defending scares the living daylights out of him

He's supposed to be one of those earmarked to go out on loan

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Maybe Christopher rates him going forwards,but Thomas defending scares the living daylights out of him
    You could be right but i hope he gets another chance at BDTBL in the future and does not just disappear into the lower divisions. The potential is definitely there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    You could be right but i hope he gets another chance at BDTBL in the future and does not just disappear into the lower divisions. The potential is definitely there.

Myself,I think he is best suited when we play with one striker supported by one either side,he and Brooks did this in the friendly at Chesterfield to good effect,it was in this game when young Brooks scored that wonder goal,I've no idea if he played that role at Ipwsich.I like what I have seen so far from the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Myself,I think he is best suited when we play with one striker supported by one either side,he and Brooks did this in the friendly at Chesterfield to good effect,it was in this game when young Brooks scored that wonder goal,I've no idea if he played that role at Ipwsich.I like what I have seen so far from the lad.
    Chezzy are interested in Thomas i've heard today.UTCB

Against our usual bus parking opponents a left winger on for a left wing back would be a good change to make. He should've been on the bench against Wednesday instead of Lafferty, all day long.

Long term I hope he stays with us. He's an exciting player with good potential.

It would help our case with players like these if we occasionally played with wingers. I think 4-2-3-1 is something we should look at as an option very soon.

didnt chris play 4 2 3 1 at northampton ? he seems to still favour the 3 5 2 set up though but i think we have to be flexible and alter our shape when teams match up to our system and just get everybody behind the ball mind that wont happen with our next 4 opponents there all gonna have a go at us and that will certainly give us more room to play our natural game

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Chezzy are interested in Thomas i've heard today.UTCB
    Ideally I would rather him go to a L1 club. Rovrum and keep him close.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Ideally I would rather him go to a L1 club. Rovrum and keep him close.
    I was suprised the Millers dint try to get Hanson from us before he went to Bury.UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast