+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    I've always wanted to see Lennon in a Toon shirt. But we're about 5yrs too late.

Even though he is injury prone, I think the £20m deal for Walcunnt would have been a better deal. If he plays up front, he scores. He's more clinical than Perez and would be a real threat up front with Gayle. He does the business on the wing. And you would imagine that Fat Pig could have found £20m down the back of his sofa!

With Amanda Staylovely proving unwilling to stump up a bit more cash (£350m should do it), I've lost all hope of signings really.
    Sell Gayle to Fulham for £15m and buy Walcott for £20m.

We probably didn't even try to get Walcott because the additional £5m wasn't available or we wouldn't pay him the going rate for a footballer of his status.

Rafa is probably trying to sign Lennon (and other average players) because he is the best available for free within the wage structure.

NUFC do not move with the times. The lack of ambition is astounding.

Aaron Lennon: Burnley agree deal to sign Everton winger

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    Aaron Lennon: Burnley agree deal to sign Everton winger
    The dude suffers from crippling depression, he was never going to sign for Newcastle.

Buy Tom Carney from Fulham.

We'll not regret it.

At this stage i think i'd genuinely accept the signing of a single player - a striker who can score.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)