+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Callum Wright and other Rovers news ....

Callum Wright and other Rovers news ....

Doubt many will be aware of this young lad. Very highly rated, we got him from Everton at 13. He's getting a shed load of attention from lots of Prem clubs. Everton have offered a £1m which we have turned down. We really are heavily investing in our Youth players. The Venkys paid £1.2m last year on improving & updating Brochall.

Following on from that, young Wright featured heavily last night when we beat Watford in the FA Youth cup. By all accounts, we have a very promising crop coming through, under the ones currently around the 1st team.

Nuthall has been signed up to 2022. He showed excellent early promise. He's very young, and will come in and out of form while he learns his trade. If he really comes on as a player, a very smart move signing him up now.

These last one isn't coming out of the club, just my opinion. But rumour has it, an unnamed club is interested in Evans. I really do think he needs to be offloaded. We may even get around £750k so I think it's time he goes, I really don't like him at all.

Callum Wright certainly is attracting attention
    I feel if we fail to go up quite a few of the promising youngsters will feature for us if we go up we certainly need to loan them out as no disrespect to the under 23s or under 18s it's not the same experience.
    I am happy with nuttall signing a extension with us he is still raw but he will only get better he already has that natural instinct it's rounding up the rest of his game.
    Corry Evans what can we say?such a promising start to life here but injuries have set his career into backwards motion
    Time to show the exit door especially with the emergence of Tomlinson and Bennett showing his class there.

I’ve not been able to get a look at all these that are discussed on here just now hence my not ‘getting involved .
    But with Evans I can. I’ve said it before when he’s been the topic , an I just can’t for the life of me see how he’s held his position with us for so long!
    Ok , his more recent injuries aside taken into account, which I would certainly not applaud. But, for me I have never really understood ‘his game’. Now that may well be my lack of in depth footballing knowledge, but I would like to be able to recall several games where he has been the match winning factor but I’m struggling to think of very many (far more down performances than up ones ).
    Cept when wearing that green shirt.
    So if there actually is 750k being waved , I’d grab it.
    Going off your good selves endorsements of our emerging squad he is getting beyond his sell by date.
    PS one other I can comment on an that’s Mulgrew who I have watched (from the start) an he impressed me immediately.
    I am really pleased he has come through as the shining light he showed from the off. An to stick by us in pay back terms shows real commitment towards the club.
    His loyalty right at the time Lenihan became unavailable has been arguably one of the major factors we are making such a fist of it just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I’ve not been able to get a look at all these that are discussed on here just now hence my not ‘getting involved .
    But with Evans I can. I’ve said it before when he’s been the topic , an I just can’t for the life of me see how he’s held his position with us for so long!
    Ok , his more recent injuries aside taken into account, which I would certainly not applaud. But, for me I have never really understood ‘his game’. Now that may well be my lack of in depth footballing knowledge, but I would like to be able to recall several games where he has been the match winning factor but I’m struggling to think of very many (far more down performances than up ones ).
    Cept when wearing that green shirt.
    So if there actually is 750k being waved , I’d grab it.
    Going off your good selves endorsements of our emerging squad he is getting beyond his sell by date.
    PS one other I can comment on an that’s Mulgrew who I have watched (from the start) an he impressed me immediately.
    I am really pleased he has come through as the shining light he showed from the off. An to stick by us in pay back terms shows real commitment towards the club.
    His loyalty right at the time Lenihan became unavailable has been arguably one of the major factors we are making such a fist of it just now.

great post!! Totally agree with the Mulgrew thing. Do you know thousands of Celtic fans have sent an online petition asking Rodgers to re-sign him, as they have caught wind of how well hes been playing. And they love him up there. I'm not worried he will go, as his commitment to the cause has been inspirational. As you correctly say Despair. Honestly, Graham has also been immense this season. Not only on the pitch playing well. But how he has been such a good pro. He really has taken an active role. The same could be said of Bennett aswell.

Aah yes , mr bennet. I have to hold my hand up here. Which I am never afraid to do.😉
    He had me ‘on the fence’ when he first arrived ie he would have as many ineffective games as decent ones. But on my very last Ewood visit some way back, can’t recall the match , he played very very well (may have been MOM possibly).
    So maybe that was the turnaround point in his performances, an judging by reports he was inspirational re last match in centre.
    That’s really good to hear of and bodes well.
    Of course as Aucks so often points out : sometimes you have to consider what’s going on around and about any individual player at any giving period ie maybe the ‘turbulence’ during his earlier performances was the contributing factor towards his ‘up and down perfs) . Now in this squad and period he’s a ‘perfect fit’ as many others seem to be.
    Mostly down to the man at the helm? It’s hard to think otherwise.
    Last edited by Despair; 19-01-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Tony Mowbray has done a fantastic job in repairing a battered team from relegation building a team who not only know this division but excelled at this level
    Also got venkys to listen and part with cash
    This is amazing work and long may it continue.

You know what annoys me the most? Had Mowbray been brought in just a month earlier, we would never have gone down anyway. Huddersfield cheated, and Brum stayed up, when they really didn't deserve it. We went down because of Coyle. Under TM we where excellent, even last season. Maybe it's a blessing us being down here for a season. But if you look at Brum now, they where clearly ready to drop last season. They wouldn't have done what we did either. If you looked at Mowbrays record over 12/13 months since he came in, there won't be many better in any division.

Aah yes , mr bennet. I have to hold my hand up here. Which I am never afraid to do.��
    He had me ‘on the fence’ when he first arrived ie he would have as many ineffective games as decent ones. But on my very last Ewood visit some way back, can’t recall the match , he played very very well (may have been MOM possibly).
    So maybe that was the turnaround point in his performances, an judging by reports he was inspirational re last match in centre.
    Of course as Aucks so often points out : sometimes you have to consider what’s going on around and about any individual player at any giving period ie maybe the ‘turbulence’ during his earlier performances was the contributing factor towards his ‘up and down perfs) . Now in this squad and period he’s a ‘perfect fit’ as many others seem to be.
    That's a great point mate. Smallwood is a good example aswell. Passing is crap, very limited player. But he is so important to us. He allows Dack etc to be the required flair. He does the dirty work. He's not interested in the lime light. No Hollywood passes, not interested in shooting from anywhere. Just does the simple things well. And is a ***** cog. While the others score the winning goals, grab headlines, this guys gives you a solid 7/10 every week. You need those guys in a successful side. Unselfish, but oh so important.
    Despair ....I even slated Bennett this season early on!! Auks told me off ....and rightly so!! He is a fantastic pro. And like everyone, has stepped up. I'm more than happy to say I was wrong!!
    When we score a goal now, everyone celebrates (goalie n all) which may seem insignificant .....but show us what the team spirit is like.

Aah yes , mr bennet. I have to hold my hand up here. Which I am never afraid to do.��
    Despair - to be honest, for a long time, I thought Bennett and Feeney were much of a muchness, but the former seems to have thrived dramatically under TM. Some posters on the Telegraph site say Feeney was loaned out because of an attitude-problem, but I'm not sure that's anything more than speculation. It seems more likely to me that Mowbray thought Bennett had an edge and Feeney would not get game-time. Who knows, really?
    On the Evans question, he reminds me a bit of Lowe. He doesn't do much wrong, but he doesn't have enough influence on the game. Perhaps he hasn't caught the eye of the boo-boys because he rarely attempts anything. Mind you, that didn't stop them having a go at Nyambe in the early part of the season!
    I wonder if using Bennett as a second Smallwood was a one-off. It would be interesting to see if he could reproduce that form again in the same position.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    You know what annoys me the most? Had Mowbray been brought in just a month earlier, we would never have gone down anyway. Huddersfield cheated, and Brum stayed up, when they really didn't deserve it. We went down because of Coyle. Under TM we where excellent, even last season. Maybe it's a blessing us being down here for a season. But if you look at Brum now, they where clearly ready to drop last season. They wouldn't have done what we did either. If you looked at Mowbrays record over 12/13 months since he came in, there won't be many better in any division.
    Champs - it is galling. On the other hand, we might have only been hovering mid-table in the Championship now if we had survived. As it is, Mowbray has had time to develop a squad that suits him and we now have momentum. As you say, possibly a blessing in disguise - apart from the financial implications.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)