+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Even more depressing

Even more depressing

Everton need goals so have gone out and spent £47 million on 2 players who will probably score for them.

Rafa by contrast will be lucky to get 25% of that total cost to spend.

Yet once upon a time, in the not to distant past us and Everton, were on an even setting.

Why that fat **** feels the need to do this to the club, i don't know.

I'm also fully aware that some will come on and say about how he's saved us from financial peril such as Pompey and Leeds.

The point of this post isn't anything to do with that, or relevant to that. It is about how much Mike Ashley has diminished us as club.

Well said Jammy, Not that long ago Everton didn't have 2 pennies to rub together, Bet our balance sheets better than theirs though, thats the important thing,NOT!!!! Ashley OUT!!

25% you're having a laugh Jammy. That would be £11.75m try £5m max I reckon.

Walcott is a bargain for £20m and he would have been a top signing for us. He will bust a gut to get to the World Cup Finals.

Everton have moved with the times and we are still trying to pay 1990's prices.

Ashley is leading us towards through yet another miserable transfer window. Fat fecker.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post
    25% you're having a laugh Jammy. That would be £11.75m try £5m max I reckon.
    To be honest, i was going to say 10% but thought even Ashley can't be so ****ing stupid to risk our prem status for £4.7 million.

But then, who am i kidding, of course he would.

Good point, Jammy. We're slowly but surely losing (even more) competitiveness this window as our rivals are strengthening their squads. We're in for a rough one.

Sadly, can we even count Everton as a rival anymore.

They are aiming for Europe, we're aiming for survival.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)