+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crewe v Wycombe ****PREDICTIONS****

Crewe v Wycombe ****PREDICTIONS****

Not lost at home to Wycombe in the league since 1994/95, did lose a few years back in the FA Cup.

They are on a very good run at home but have only won once in the last seven games on the road.

I fancy a 1-1 draw.

It's one on paper we should lose, but it's the Alex so we'll probably win it. I'll go for a 2 - 1 Reds victory. Who are we going to put on "the big lad" to keep him quiet?

If we can avoid giving away one or more goals in the first 10-20 minutes, we ought to get a draw. Going for 1-1.

We don't do draws! Now that posters have put the kibosh on things and the divisions top provider has gone I'll go for 0-2. Of course the 'beast' will bully his way to at least one goal.

Just when we looked like getting a point today, what happens? Yes, you have guessed it we let in a goal in the dying minute(s) of the game. Crewe are notorious for it as it happens quite frequently. You would think that the side might have worked out what to do to stop it occurring. Now the pressure is really building to try and retain the club’s league status. What with the next fixture being away at Swindon the portents are looking increasingly bleak. Things would improve if the first thing was to get a system working that provides a water tight defence and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidler View Post
    Just when we looked like getting a point today, what happens? Yes, you have guessed it we let in a goal in the dying minute(s) of the game. Crewe are notorious for it as it happens quite frequently. You would think that the side might have worked out what to do to stop it occurring. Now the pressure is really building to try and retain the club’s league status. What with the next fixture being away at Swindon the portents are looking increasingly bleak. Things would improve if the first thing was to get a system working that provides a water tight defence and take it from there.
    My thoughts. We deserved at least a point today and clearly did not miss George Cooper. Plenty of effort and chances and with more good fortune, the Alex could have won that one. The ref was obviously blind to that all important handled goal, which set the Chairboys on their way to all three points. His assistants missed that too, when everyone in the ground saw it. Bowery battled, Ainley's play was delightful and young Kirk delivered some excellent crosses into areas of danger. The lad from Villa had a lively game, should have been awarded a penalty kick and scored a very good debut goal. Must not forget that perfectly good goal that the man in the middle disallowed. No blame can be attributed to the manager today, as I believe he got his selection just right. I also believe that a right back is due to arrive on Monday (from Posh). Play like they did today and things might not be as bleak as we may well think. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by alexmick; 20-01-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Spot on with pretty much everything there Mick

And for once I was delighted to see Big Dave get so upset about the handball. OK managers shouldn’t get sent to the stands, but if they’re going to be it might as well be for something worthwhile. His actions showed the lads how much he cared and they responded in exactly the right way (barring the last minute fiasco of course).

Promising display, let’s do it again now.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    My thoughts. We deserved at least a point today and clearly did not miss George Cooper. Plenty of effort and chances and with more good fortune, the Alex could have won that one. The ref was obviously blind to that all important handled goal, which set the Chairboys on their way to all three points. His assistants missed that too, when everyone in the ground saw it. Bowery battled, Ainley's play was delightful and young Kirk delivered some excellent crosses into areas of danger. The lad from Villa had a lively game, should have been awarded a penalty kick and scored a very good debut goal. Must not forget that perfectly good goal that the man in the middle disallowed. No blame can be attributed to the manager today, as I believe he got his selection just right. I also believe that a right back is due to arrive on Monday (from Posh). Play like they did today and things might not be as bleak as we may well think. Fingers crossed.
    Which goal was that?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Which goal was that?
    The one in which the Alex "scored" in the second half. The ball crossed the line, although the ref blew for something. We saw no infringement. What about your view of this incident?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast