+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jordan B Peterson on Channel 4

Jordan B Peterson on Channel 4

Did anyone else see this interview on Channel 4 news? For those are not aware of Dr. Peterson, he caused something of a furore in 2016 when he posted an internet video in opposition to the Canadian government's Bill C-16 (a proposal too add "gender identity or expression" as a prohibited ground of discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act).

For his views Peterson has been labelled 'far right' notwithstanding that hitherto his political involvements have been with left leaning political parties (he identifies as a "19th century English Liberal").

What's the verdict? Hate peddler or voice of reason?

Watched it earlier. I think most folk would struggle in a battle of wits with him, regardless of the topic. The criticism of the interviewer, who did get rinsed, was entirely ***ist.

I can see why she got annoyed, as he did come across as a bit smug but it was an interesting half hour. I think he’s wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Watched it earlier. I think most folk would struggle in a battle of wits with him, regardless of the topic. The criticism of the interviewer, who did get rinsed, was entirely ***ist.

I can see why she got annoyed, as he did come across as a bit smug but it was an interesting half hour. I think he’s wrong though
    Her interviewing method is of the style Paxman pioneered - aggressively strawman everything the interviewee is saying or has said in order to provoke a response. It’s pretty common among TV journalists these days. She certainly extracted some good responses so in that sense you could say she did a good job.

It don’t think Peterson was smug - I just think he avoided rising to any of the bait.