+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy’s successor

Jeremy’s successor

It’s being said he’s too old to lead the party in the next election and also rumoured he had a senior moment and forgot to ask a question yesterday. So who will take his place now the extreme left is taking the party over.
    Interested in your take on this BT

Can I help you ?.........."Eeny, meeny, miny, moe"

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    It’s being said he’s too old to lead the party in the next election and also rumoured he had a senior moment and forgot to ask a question yesterday. So who will take his place now the extreme left is taking the party over.
    Momentum are running the party so they will probably choose.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    With the Trade Union Leaders regrowing their cojones, the rise of the left of centre Team Momentum political body and a real desire among the UK's young to seek change, I can envisage an out of left field candidate emerging.

The rise of radical politics inspired by Jeremy Corbyn now needs a photogenic presence in the Labour Party to propel it forward. Frankly I don't think JC has a cat in hell's chance of entering Downing Street as Prime Minister because the right wing media will continue to vilify him and negate his chances.

What we need now in the Labour Party is someone who appeals to Middle England and the BBC and can talk the talk and walk the walk with substance.

Someone of the ilk of Thornberry, Griffith, Gardiner, Ashworth, Rayner, Abrahams, Healey, Trickett, Lavery or Starmer could now emerge backed by a committed band of brothers who can take down this dreadful Tory government.

The Labour Party now needs to declare just what sort of political party it really is, address head on the serious issues that the United Kingdom currently face and put their case to the British electorate.

Activists like myself are ready to fight the fight. We know what needs doing. We know where we are weak (Scotland for example) but the increase in young membership in the Labour Party is really encouraging.

In Bolton North East CLP we have 144 fully paid up members under the age of 27 and that is replicated or bettered across the country's CLP's.

All we need now is for JC to hold his nerve, abdicate at the right time to the right person and "Bingo!" the Labour Party are back in the driving seat. Bring it on!

Shouldn't you add Jared O'Mara to the list BT, he appears to encapsulate everything Labour stands for, and is clearly very popular with his colleagues.

BT
    Thanks for the insight. I’m not sure the media influences younger voters so much as they depend on social media and Jeremy has made great strides to capture that. I also think you will gain ground in Scotland as the SNP are on target to lose more seats as folk tire of the neverendum targets being set by SNP hardline members which Nicola has to try to keep at bay.
    I don’t know many of your suggestions Thornberry comes over a bit pompous and Starmer wooden and Rayner brash and loud.doubt they will have the same appeal to youngsters. At least you don’t see Abbott or McDonnell as possibles.
    I wonder if the Tories will get Ruth Davidson involved as she would certainly run rings round most politicians there.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Shouldn't you add Jared O'Mara to the list BT, he appears to encapsulate everything Labour stands for, and is clearly very popular with his colleagues.
    I think we are trying to work the oracle sinkov and like I said, I hope a photogenic person with a broad political appeal will emerge. Blair did it, swiftly followed by Cameron. Pity they both turned out to be vacuous airheads.

OC, may I commend you for using the word Neverendum.

Is it one of yours?

I suspect it will be in the Oxford Dictionary in a few short years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think we are trying to work the oracle sinkov and like I said, I hope a photogenic person with a broad political appeal will emerge. Blair did it, swiftly followed by Cameron. Pity they both turned out to be vacuous airheads.
    And this is one of the things that is wrong with modern politics.

Instead of picking a leader on talent and gravitas, it is more important to look slick and attractive.

I'm sorry BT, but it is a very shallow way to run our affairs - but there is a lot of truth in what you say.

There could be someone capable of being the best PM we have ever had, but if they are pig-ugly then they will not have a chance.

As a nation we have succumbed to the advertising agencies.

Anyway who says JC is on his way out ? I know nothing about what's going on inside Labour, BT will know far more than me, but JC looks secure enough to me, and I don't get the impression he's ready to take a back seat any time soon.

And why should he ? He's the Nick Pope of politics, chucked in at the deep end and expected to be a walking disaster area. Nothing of the sort, much to the surprise of the media, and the dismay of Labour moderates, he's done a brilliant job of re*****ising Labour. Leave the old boy alone, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)