+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pressure on.

Pressure on.

With the players at our disposal, nothing less than auto promotion is acceptable surely?

You would like to think so saxo however football isn't played on paper
    Still have a feeling we will have a dodgy spell and finish 5/6
    My pessimistic side creeping through sorry.

Has pressure always been on since day one? I'd say so. 15 games unbeaten in the league, the best record in any of the top four divisions over that period shows we are bang in form, at the exact right time. TM stated he felt the best position to strengthen is in the strongest position. That's exactly where we are now. I really don't mind sticking my head on the block here. Its based on wwatching us season and missing just a few games home or away all season. We have improved 10 fold. We will catch Wigan (who will now be slightly distracted by the FA cup), and we will end up winning this league. No rose tinted glasses, simply we are so strong, we have just gotten stronger. We have the right attitude and an excellent manager who is better and more experienced than anyone else. Not just that, but I think we will be serious contenders next season. As Venkys will invest again I think.

It’s not so hard to imagine that that would have been Tony’s remit right away, from the end of LAST season.
    Of course for a club of our size, finances, more recent history etc. it’s not rocket science really.
    Saying again, I’ve hardly seen any of our displays this season, could make me my usual pessimistic self😉, but no I like everything I read and being ‘informed of’ from here on Roverite, an am super optimistic for all of the reasons Champs states and lists above.
    The down side (for me) is that I am not actively involved at this time ie being able to attend , so I’ll just visualise and live on my Kendall days memories in reflection 😀

COYB’s

Don't get me wrong here, I am very cautious, although I may come across ultra positive!! I just think its pretty clear we are really moving forwards, and as a club, we are starting to build a head of steam. I actually don't think we have anything to fear of 85% of the clubs in the Champ, most of which are treading water.

I must admit I am not quite there positivity wise yet but I am feeling the momentum shift
    As for the championship if we are to get promotion I feel we are still 3 or 4 players shy of a serious competition to the rest
    Let's not get too ahead of ourselves we are looking good but the finish line isn't in sight yet.

I'm with, Robin. I tend to get nervous when things are going well!

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I must admit I am not quite there positivity wise yet but I am feeling the momentum shift
    As for the championship if we are to get promotion I feel we are still 3 or 4 players shy of a serious competition to the rest
    Let's not get too ahead of ourselves we are looking good but the finish line isn't in sight yet.
    Momentum is massive in football. We have that at this crucial moment. I do agree, we'd need to spend some money. Maybe only 3/4. This is a topic for another day, but I actually think Venkys will back Mowbray. And nobody key, will leave unless it benefits us. To be fair on them, this season (and since TM has arrived) they've given him exactly what he wanted money wise, and nobody has left who would weaken us. To get Mulgrew to stay was like going out and spending £2m in this division aswell! Why not back him, he's the best they have had so far. We have debt, but only to the subsidiary company of Venkys. Who remain one of the richest companies in the world. If they learn from mistakes, they will give themselves a much bigger asset to sell, should they want to, if/when we get back into the Champ. And down the line, with good investment, possibly the Prem.

I'm going to be here at 5pm tomorrow so you can all line up to take turns in kicking me. As after all this I'm saying .....I'm cursing us from now on ....we will lose tomorrow .....but I'll be here! So just take it easy on me ....

We won't lose to Fleetwood, we won't draw either..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)