+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pcp’s three bids

typing angrily

Time and time again that pack of bastards open their mouths and lies come tumbling out as easily as water from a tap.

Plus, they are dumber than we even thought if they thought the truth wouldn't come out.

this wouldnt be from her
    she has signed a confidentiality agrement
    she cant do this
    if she has
    she has broken that agreement

why would she say Rafa had to stay as manager
    if you believe this you are fools

she would own the club
    Rafa couldnt be sacked by ash after he owned the club

and of course her bid can stay there
    she knows it wont be accepted

if she cant afford the other 50 mill
    she cant afford players

dodged a bullet

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    this wouldnt be from her
    she has signed a confidentiality agrement
    she cant do this
    if she has
    she has broken that agreement

why would she say Rafa had to stay as manager
    if you believe this you are fools

she would own the club
    Rafa couldnt be sacked by ash after he owned the club

and of course her bid can stay there
    she knows it wont be accepted

if she cant afford the other 50 mill
    she cant afford players

dodged a bullet
    It was from her and no she hasnīt.

When a founder/owner sells his business there is nearly always a clause that he/she needs to stay working for the company for a set amount of time (sorry to repeat myself but you did). Otherwise the new buyer loses a hell of a lot of knowledge about the business, contact, etc if the founder were to leave. This is normal, and so I donīt see why this couldnīt be the case with a manager like Rafa who is absolutely key at the club (even if you donīt think so).

About the asking price? My take is that she knows Ashley is in a corner and is trying to get the club as cheap as she can - itīs called good business. Makes me laugh people saying ' just pay it , itīs only 50 million'. These people are rich because they donīt do stupid things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    It was from her and no she hasnīt.

When a founder/owner sells his business there is nearly always a clause that he/she needs to stay working for the company for a set amount of time (sorry to repeat myself but you did). Otherwise the new buyer loses a hell of a lot of knowledge about the business, contact, etc if the founder were to leave. This is normal, and so I donīt see why this couldnīt be the case with a manager like Rafa who is absolutely key at the club (even if you donīt think so).

About the asking price? My take is that she knows Ashley is in a corner and is trying to get the club as cheap as she can - itīs called good business. Makes me laugh people saying ' just pay it , itīs only 50 million'. These people are rich because they donīt do stupid things like that.
    Divvint answer him man..

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Divvint answer him man..
    You're wasting your breath Ash, some folk just have to feed the nutter's ego.

The fact is that she's not raising the bid because Mike Ashley has run the club in such a way that he's set us up to drop in value at the end of the season. Sure, maybe we are worth 300-350 that he's asking for now but his lack of investment has put us in relegation battle.
    Why would Staveley meet his asking price if it means the possibility of losing a lot of money in 4 months time?
    Unfortunately, we're in a Mexican standoff. The possibility of a new owner is out the window until we're confirmed playing in the Premier League imo. Then I can see Staveley coming in and matching the Fat B*stard's asking price.

No seller in his right mind would agree to a clause whereby a refund is due if relegation occurs because he'd be agreeing to a condition relating to future events over which he has no control once he sells the club. Imagine if Ashley sold on this basis in November/December. What control would he have about how much is spent in the Jan transfer window and what players are bought? Relegation or survival might go down to the last game of the season. Our striker misses an open goal which would have saved us but we're relegated. What influence could Ashley have had on this?

If I put my house up for sale and the buyer asked for a refund if planning permission were given after the purchase for a motorway or factory I'd say 'you buy at your own risk, I can't control the events you describe.'

It seems to me that if Miss Staveley really wanted the club and had as much confidence in Rafa as she professes she would have paid an unconditional Ģ300m in time to finance say Ģ50m purchases in Jan in the sure belief that Rafa would buy the right players and then use them wisely to avoid relegation. Of cousre, relegation is a risk. Business is full of risks. You can't hedge against all of them. Nor can you say 'I'm buying this car but if it crashes under my ownership I want a refund.'

I just hope, as I've said before, that Rafa uses whatever money he gets to buy what he needs, a striker. If you need new trousers and you spend the money on shoes don't complain that you've got no trousers.

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    No seller in his right mind would agree to a clause whereby a refund is due if relegation occurs because he'd be agreeing to a condition relating to future events over which he has no control once he sells the club. Imagine if Ashley sold on this basis in November/December. What control would he have about how much is spent in the Jan transfer window and what players are bought? Relegation or survival might go down to the last game of the season. Our striker misses an open goal which would have saved us but we're relegated. What influence could Ashley have had on this?

If I put my house up for sale and the buyer asked for a refund if planning permission were given after the purchase for a motorway or factory I'd say 'you buy at your own risk, I can't control the events you describe.'

It seems to me that if Miss Staveley really wanted the club and had as much confidence in Rafa as she professes she would have paid an unconditional Ģ300m in time to finance say Ģ50m purchases in Jan in the sure belief that Rafa would buy the right players and then use them wisely to avoid relegation. Of cousre, relegation is a risk. Business is full of risks. You can't hedge against all of them. Nor can you say 'I'm buying this car but if it crashes under my ownership I want a refund.'

I just hope, as I've said before, that Rafa uses whatever money he gets to buy what he needs, a striker. If you need new trousers and you spend the money on shoes don't complain that you've got no trousers.
    Think you missed the mark here. This isn't a 'buy at your own risk' scenario. The team has been evaluated and the final determination is that Ashley has put the club in a risky financial situation through lack of investment. The analysis has been done and the clauses aren't put in place as a refund, they exist as a bonus if the club survives.

This happens all the time in football with player transfers and you can't wrap your head around performance or sell-on clauses because it's a club?!

Do you think Ashley is going to be asking for 350 next season if we drop down a league? He'd snap her hand off for the offers she's put in now. Hindsight is 20/20 though and unfortunately, our current owner is blind, deaf and dumb.

Whether expressed as a refund or bonus, the argument I put forward still applies. Ashley can't control future events if he isn't the owner.
    No one is forced to sell if they don't think the terms are satisfactory to him.

Of course too it's buy at your own risk. The fact that the club has been valued is irrelevant. If you're not prepared to take the risk, don't buy.

Looks like Rafa was in the loop? He knew 3/4 weeks ago this was not going to happen.

"Manager Rafael Benitez says he knew "three or four weeks ago" that Amanda Staveley's takeover of Newcastle would not happen in January."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42750269
    Last edited by Curian; 19-01-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)