+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pcp’s three bids

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    You're wasting your breath Ash, some folk just have to feed the nutter's ego.
    ..........and some folk think thay can tell other people what posts to reply to on an open forum.

FFS .....er.........

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    Whether expressed as a refund or bonus, the argument I put forward still applies. Ashley can't control future events if he isn't the owner.
    No one is forced to sell if they don't think the terms are satisfactory to him.

Of course too it's buy at your own risk. The fact that the club has been valued is irrelevant. If you're not prepared to take the risk, don't buy.
    Got to agree with Occult here and I don´t think it´s reasonable to have clauses and conditions attached to the deal for the period after the club has changed hands.

Staveley is now positioning herself as the injured party in the media (she´s played a beauty on Ashley this week, I reckon) but she knows exactly what she´s doing. She knows public opinion is against Ash and she´s using it - hence the leaks to the press every now and again. I´m sure she knows that Ashley´s skin is thicker than a rhinos but she´s still putting the pressure on him although this pressure will drop once this window is closed especially if the fat one opens his wallet, even slightly.

My prediction: No takeover till the end of the season when, if we stay up, PCP will be our new owners. If we are relegated, Ashley will still be our owner.

Just to clarify my own position. I'm not trying to defend Ashley. I say what I think is fair and logical. If a bidder came along and offered £300m no strings attached, and Ashley accepted it, and then the new owner pumped in the investment that's been lacking for years I'd be as glad as anyone. But clearly Miss Staveley is not that person.

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    Just to clarify my own position. I'm not trying to defend Ashley. I say what I think is fair and logical. If a bidder came along and offered £300m no strings attached, and Ashley accepted it, and then the new owner pumped in the investment that's been lacking for years I'd be as glad as anyone. But clearly Miss Staveley is not that person.

She's said she intends to invest on and off the pitch.

But first you have to pay the asking price.

Indeed. It seems the asking price is the problem every time he puts the for sale sign up.

I agree. He may have no intention of selling. But if an unconditional bid of £300m were made and was refused, we'd know for sure.

She should just withdraw all offers and let the fat kernt keep on bailing out nufc titanic with an eggcup.
    Another round of streamlining , big wage earners gone, banking the sky bucks ,and gate money etc etc .. It's mind bogglingly predictable . Rafas only hope is fat boy decides to sack him , and resurrect his career elsewhere , prob at end of a "disappointing" season and replaced with someone on a tenth the wage . You don't need a crystal ball. Ashley is stuck with no buyer and no intention of financing the toy that he has got bored of .
    Bring on the loan players , get rid of any big earners and don't ask where the sky money has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    She should just withdraw all offers and let the fat kernt keep on bailing out nufc titanic with an eggcup.
    Another round of streamlining , big wage earners gone, banking the sky bucks ,and gate money etc etc .. It's mind bogglingly predictable . Rafas only hope is fat boy decides to sack him , and resurrect his career elsewhere , prob at end of a "disappointing" season and replaced with someone on a tenth the wage . You don't need a crystal ball. Ashley is stuck with no buyer and no intention of financing the toy that he has got bored of .
    Bring on the loan players , get rid of any big earners and don't ask where the sky money has gone.
    100% agree with you mate he probably has Mark Hughes lined up for the job now

Hopefully get rid of Shelvey, Gayle and Mitro this window to free up money for some bargain basement short term loans.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    100% agree with you mate he probably has Mark Hughes lined up for the job now

Hopefully get rid of Shelvey, Gayle and Mitro this window to free up money for some bargain basement short term loans.
    I think the word is .. Sickening

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)