+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pcp’s three bids

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Of course he is, Just as andyj73 is entitled to ask £250,000 for his Pennywell Palace. But that doesn't mean he'll get it.
    If he's not desperate to sell then he can afford to wait until he does get his price or just stay in it for as long as he feels he wants to.

don't forget the greedy owner has already removed another £60 million of assets from nufc (the ground we owned behind the gallowgate) without reducing the debt or the selling price.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    If he's not desperate to sell then he can afford to wait until he does get his price or just stay in it for as long as he feels he wants to.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    I normally like reading your posts as they are generally well thought out. I mainly feel the opposite to what you say but you do make some valid points. However, on this post you are way off the mark. I cannot even imagine where you are coming from. Posters on here have explained the Stavely/Man City scenario, which you choose to ignore? That baffles me, as it is very pertinent and germaine to the current debate.

Ashley holding out is ok as long as he intends to sell and not keep ramping up the cost. The one thing I am certain of , in my mind, is that he has now absolutely no feel or affinity for the club but wants only what's best for him and his narrow view on how to achieve that. If we go down then no one wins when all we want is a win/win result? Remember this impacts on the emotional and financial aspects of the City of Newcastle as much as it does on MA's wallet.
    We are all reading a book.
    As it stands we are all reading from the speculation shelf and we are all judging the book by the snippets we perused through on the fly, before we all get the chance to actually get the full story.

Many people hate Ashley for whatever reasons they choose. Some fair and some not fair.
    However, I believe Ashley has had a raw deal as much as he's gave out raw deals in terms of transfers that fans wanted.
    Fair enough but it works both ways and isn't a one way street simply because mass opinion pushes that issue.

Ashley is entitled to stick to his guns just like any of us would if we were holding out for a real deal.
    Or maybe he's playing them as he thinks they're playing him.
    We can all speculate it but the truth is, none of us truthfully know the ins and outs and are reliant on media speculation and a large dollop of Chinese whispers to stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    I quote from an interview with Staveley reported in the Chronicle:

'Unlike the Manchester City takeover which saw seemingly endless pots of cash thrown at the club, Staveley accepts that this would not be the case should PCP ever acquire Newcastle.'

I fear, therefore, that the comparisons drawn above with the Man City takeover are just dreams. If she can't raise her unconditional bid beyond £250m then forget about investment of a billion. What proof is there that another £200m is available for investment?
    Exactly.

I have read that the next time someone bids, Ashley will ask the bidder to pay the bid price or near enough into an escrow account to show that they've got the money and that they're serious before talks begin. This seems reasonable to me. If you walk into a Rolls Royce showroom and say you want to talk at length with a salesman, I wouldn't blame the showroom for asking to see your bank statement first.

I'm not against a takeover but I can wait until we are confident that it'll be a real improvement on Ashley. Who knows, he might undergo a conversion and decide to really have a go at taking the club places. Admittedly the odds are not much better than flying pigs but let's see. The bottom line is that it's his property and he's entitled to sell at his asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    I have read that the next time someone bids, Ashley will ask the bidder to pay the bid price or near enough into an escrow account to show that they've got the money and that they're serious before talks begin. This seems reasonable to me. If you walk into a Rolls Royce showroom and say you want to talk at length with a salesman, I wouldn't blame the showroom for asking to see your bank statement first.

I'm not against a takeover but I can wait until we are confident that it'll be a real improvement on Ashley. Who knows, he might undergo a conversion and decide to really have a go at taking the club places. Admittedly the odds are not much better than flying pigs but let's see. The bottom line is that it's his property and he's entitled to sell at his asking price.
    Good post.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)