+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th round Scottish Cup

Today was a free hit for St Mirren, they wanted to come and win or lose, nae replay.

He set up that way and, as I say, thought they gave us plenty to handle first half....individual errors.

He's took a team fae 10 points adrift of safety to 8 points clear at the top in the second division in under 2 seasons, nae much mair than one full season, without spending a bunch of cash.

Today's performance certainly hasnae put me off Ross as Del's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Correct.
    We need a centre half & a left back.
    Arnason injury prone & not what he was.
    O’Connor isn’t good enough
    Reynolds? Aye, ok.

Not sure Devlin is an improvement but we do need a right sided centre half & a fast left back (maybe Harvie is worth a go?)
    Was Devlin not the guy who got into an argument with his own supporters because they were slating him?

It doesn’t give me much enthusiasm that the Hamilton fans think he is pysh.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Today was a free hit for St Mirren, they wanted to come and win or lose, nae replay.

He set up that way and, as I say, thought they gave us plenty to handle first half....individual errors.

He's took a team fae 10 points adrift of safety to 8 points clear at the top in the second division in under 2 seasons, nae much mair than one full season, without spending a bunch of cash.

I was being a little facetious.

I agree with you, and Im not put off Ross, but my point is that for some on here if that is the outcome next time we play celtic, it would be Del who bottled it. If every big game defeat is the mangers fault then today's 4-1 hammering is Ross's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    I was being a little facetious.

I agree with you, and Im not put off Ross, but my point is that for some on here if that is the outcome next time we play celtic, it would be Del who bottled it. If every big game defeat is the mangers fault then today's 4-1 hammering is Ross's fault
    A one off game is hardly the same as an eight game losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

I thought today shows just why we can't rely on us playing defensively. Up front we are miles better than most.

Good win.

McLean will go and be replaced in midfield with O'Connor I'd imagine.

Just back ...

Enjoyed that. St. Mirren kept it interesting in the first half by having a go (as opposed to dross the likes of Hearts who park the bus) and deserved their goal. Christie making it 3-1 not long after they scored settled things.

Get the beers in!

PS With Sevco's game at the Broch being off tomorrow I heard a rumour that it is re-arranged for midweek with our trip to Mordor now off? Anyone confirm?

That was a piece of p1ss, we should've had a couple more in the 2nd half. GMS, Christie and Shinnie were superb, GMS has proved now what he can do when he's on form - his confidence should be sky high now.

We had a couple of shaky moments at the back buit hopefully Kari and McKenna will be back for Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Just back ...

Enjoyed that. St. Mirren kept it interesting in the first half by having a go (as opposed to dross the likes of Hearts who park the bus) and deserved their goal. Christie making it 3-1 not long after they scored settled things.

Get the beers in!

PS With Sevco's game at the Broch being off tomorrow I heard a rumour that it is re-arranged for midweek with our trip to Mordor now off? Anyone confirm?
    According to bbc sport their replay is on the 31st, so Nae change for Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Was Devlin not the guy who got into an argument with his own supporters because they were slating him?

It doesn’t give me much enthusiasm that the Hamilton fans think he is pysh.
    He was.
    I’m not 100% sure it was because they think he’s pish.
    One fan was shouting at him as he left the field after a 1-0 defeat to Motherwell.
    The fan was sitting next to Devlins Dad & family & they started defending Devlin.
    I think Devlin is popular with the Accies fans, but that said, I wouldn’t say he’s better than what we have, or indeed Ash Taylor for that matter.

biggest game of the season..............
    Wouldn't think so given the crowd.
    Enjoyed the game apart from some individual mistakes( Stewarts being the costly one )it was a cruise.
    Should of been 5 or 6.
    Why are them filthy ****s signing Morgan? Christie is head and shoulders above him.
    Cammy Smith is a good loon but there is a reason he is playing for St Mirren and not Aberdeen.
    Giving youth a chance is good if they are good enough.
    Cracking goal from GMS, Rooney has to be one of the best spot kick takers in football.
    Welcome back Niall McGinn.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast