+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th round Scottish Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Nope. It's the biggest game of the season and the next game is our chance to get our own back for being humiliated twice. A draw isn't good enough. The longer we allow them to walk all over us the less they'll have to wait before they are back in top the top two.
    I beg to differ.
    You have missinterpreted my post.

The St Mirren game is by far the more important of the two games

The SevCo game is important as well, but we still have opportunities beyond the midweek game in the league.

I want to win both, but if we beat St Mirren and draw with SevCo, we maintain second and progress in the cup.
    If we lose to SevCo, yes, they will regain 2nd, but we can come back like we did recently.
    If we win both, , it’ll be great but still not job done either.

It’s definately not make or break

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

The St Mirren game is by far the more important of the two games

It’s definately not make or break
    If St.Mirren knock us out the cup and then we get beaten at Ibrox then our season will be ended in a competitive way. It will be extremely difficult to spin any positives if this occurs.
    I hope we really go to town with both these matches to put out a statement that we are there to win against anyone.
    But if truth be told I genuinely believe St.Mirren will be very difficult and the trip at Ibrox will be another bad result against them this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    If St.Mirren knock us out the cup and then we get beaten at Ibrox then our season will be ended in a competitive way. It will be extremely difficult to spin any positives if this occurs.
    I hope we really go to town with both these matches to put out a statement that we are there to win against anyone.
    But if truth be told I genuinely believe St.Mirren will be very difficult and the trip at Ibrox will be another bad result against them this season.
    Aymen mutha****a....

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    DM’s starting X1 in my opinion;

Lewis
    Logan O’Connor Reynolds Considine
    McLean Shinnie
    Stewart Christie GMS
    Rooney

Subs; Rogers, Arnason, Ball, Wright, McGinn, Maynard, May.
    EDIT;
    Didn’t know that McKenna was suspended.
    Replace him with Reynolds.
    That explains why Reynolds & O’Connor started last weeks friendly & McKenna was sub.

That really is a very weak defence.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Its the hope that kills you

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Its the hope that kills you
    Ach, it’s the hope that makes us Dons fans.

Tough tie, but one we should win. St Mirren are decent and no worse than the bottom few sides in the SPL, but they have confidence and are used to winning which is a big factor. Having said that we're 2nd in the top league and are also used to winning, we have superior players, and it's our one real shot of silverware this season whereas St Mirren's main focus is getting promotion.

I reckon it'll be fairly tight... McLean will go off after about 75 mins and that's the last we'll see him in a red shirt, to be replaced by McGinn who will come on and score the winner in the last 10 mins to mark his glorious comeback and spark an unbeaten run that lasts the remainder of the season, seeing us finish 2nd and winning the cup.

COYR!

EDIT;
    Didn’t know that McKenna was suspended.
    Replace him with Reynolds.
    That explains why Reynolds & O’Connor started last weeks friendly & McKenna was sub.

That really is a very weak defence.
    Was About to say the same looks very weak defence wont get a clean sheet today i dont think
    Last edited by macattack; 20-01-2018 at 11:28 AM.

DM’s starting X1 in my opinion;

Lewis
    Logan O’Connor McKenna Considine
    McLean Shinnie
    Stewart Christie GMS
    Rooney

Subs; Rogers, Arnason, Ball, Wright, McGinn, Maynard, May.
    spot on with the starting 11 btw Mckenna Suspended Arnie Injured McGinn May on the bench along with Harvie Maynard Wright Rogers & Ball

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    spot on with the starting 11 btw Mckenna Suspended Arnie Injured McGinn May on the bench along with Harvie Maynard Wright Rogers & Ball
    I'm surprised Ball is still here, I thought we'd have cut his loan short as he's barely played and when he has he hasn't looked anywhere near good enough.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast