+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie O'Sullivan calls Barnsley "a dump".

Ronnie O'Sullivan calls Barnsley "a dump".

In a media interview yesterday, reported by the BBC this morning, snooker player Ronnie O'Sullivan has said he has become tired of snooker and couldn't face playing in a tournament "in a dump like Barnsley". Obviously the arrogant little **** has now made enough money to be able to amuse his London friends with such remarks. Many fine people of Tarn will ev either paid money directly to watch him play or shelled out indirectly to his various sponsors and this is what they get in return.
    Unfortunately with him being a high profile name his remarks will go global in places like the Far East. It will undermine the efforts of my mate Big Chien in raising the profile/ image of Barnsley. If I were Big Chien ad send his lads rarnd to ev a word in his shell-like. No doubt O'Sullivans PR team will be writing stuff to send out to the media trying to limit the damage but it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    In a media interview yesterday, reported by the BBC this morning, snooker player Ronnie O'Sullivan has said he has become tired of snooker and couldn't face playing in a tournament "in a dump like Barnsley". Obviously the arrogant little **** has now made enough money to be able to amuse his London friends with such remarks. Many fine people of Tarn will ev either paid money directly to watch him play or shelled out indirectly to his various sponsors and this is what they get in return.
    Unfortunately with him being a high profile name his remarks will go global in places like the Far East. It will undermine the efforts of my mate Big Chien in raising the profile/ image of Barnsley. If I were Big Chien ad send his lads rarnd to ev a word in his shell-like. No doubt O'Sullivans PR team will be writing stuff to send out to the media trying to limit the damage but it's too late.

This kind of thing happens when osullivan loses a match. Mourngy 2hat. Funny that the day before when he beat Marco fu 6 nowt he were on telly banging on about his fitness which has helped with his longevity in top level snooker. He was also saying how much he was enjoying still winning tournaments and taking a more relaxed attitude towards the game. He won in Barnsley afooar Christmas too for the record and was sold out for every match. Fast forrard 24 hours and it's a different story. Idiot.

Son of a gangster and convicted murderer disrespecting a town where he's just picked up a very large cheque for knocking a few balls into holes using a stick .

You know summat Ronnie , 200 Ronnie O'Sullivan's couldn't make one person from this town .

You couldn't do a proper days work to save your sorry @ss , you'd do one out of the door screaming depression if you did an hour working with folk in this borough .

Go back to leafy Es*** , put your undercrackers on your head , stick a snooker stick in your arrogant gob and say " wible wible "

It would be the most sensible thing tha's ever said mucker .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Son of a gangster and convicted murderer disrespecting a town where he's just picked up a very large cheque for knocking a few balls into holes using a stick .

You know summat Ronnie , 200 Ronnie O'Sullivan's couldn't make one person from this town .

You couldn't do a proper days work to save your sorry @ss , you'd do one out of the door screaming depression if you did an hour working with folk in this borough .

Go back to leafy Es*** , put your undercrackers on your head , stick a snooker stick in your arrogant gob and say " wible wible "

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Well said

Doesn't surprise me at all, comments like this from O'Sullivan.
    Even this latest episode apart, I cannot understand why this guy is so popular amongst the snooker fraternity.
    He undoubtedly has talent, but his disrespect for his peers, and the game in general, leaves a lot to be desired. His arrogance towards everybody and anything he doesn't agree with, is the behaviour of a petulant child.
    Anyone remember when he was losing in a match, and after missing a shot just brushed his cue at the remaining balls on the table, and said that's it I'm off. Prick.

I like his bombastic nature. I also like the fact that he speaks his mind and doesn't give a fcuk who he p1sses off in the process. That's his draw for me. One of my sporting idols.

No one plays the game like him. Maybe Mark Allen at a push.

To be fair, it's not so much he's wrong but just that he has the audacity to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    To be fair, it's not so much he's wrong but just that he has the audacity to say so.
    Thuz sum reyt dumps in parts of most towns and cities Gunt, even in London.
    He took the Barnsley folks money and enjoyed their applause recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I like his bombastic nature. I also like the fact that he speaks his mind and doesn't give a fcuk who he p1sses off in the process. That's his draw for me. One of my sporting idols.

No one plays the game like him. Maybe Mark Allen at a push.

A love mi snooker Steve and watching osullivan is a pleasure. A true genius at work. However, he lacks tact and professionalism which sometimes let's him down. I think he sometimes shows his fellow professionals a lack of respect which is not on. Whilst speaking your mind is honest it's also ill advised at times for high profile sportsmen. Just because he has been born with an amazing natural gift, it doesn't give him the right to disrespect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast