+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Barnes

Harvey Barnes

Paul Heckingbottom believes Harvey Barnes would like to spend the remainder of the season at Oakwell but admits the decision is out of his hands.

The 20-year-old winger impressed on loan from Premier League Leicester City in the first half of the season with five goals and four assists. He was recalled at the start of the January transfer window and made his first Foxes start in their 0-0 FA Cup draw at Fleetwood Town. But he was not involved in the replay, playing instead for the under 23s in their Checkatrade Trophy defeat at Oldham Athletic.

Players cannot represent more than two clubs in a season so Barnes could only play for Leicester or the Reds for the remainder of this campaign.

Head coach Heckingbottom said: "He's Leicester's player but he can only play for us or them. We will have to see what happens.
    If I was hazarding a guess, I would say Harvey and his representatives and family would probably say Barnsley is a better place for him to be at the moment. But we don't know Leicester's plans. It is up to them and we have to respect their decision. They might have a plan to involve him with the first team."

If they cannot re-sign Barnes, the Reds will try to sign another winger as currently they only have Adam Hammill as well as Welsh pair Ryan Hedges and Lloyd Isgrove who have both struggled with injuries.

Clearly Big Chien has nodded and his transfer attack dogs are on the loose.

We want to giorr with these could be's and maybe's and move on to targets we have better control over .

He's a Leicester player and they want him there. Thanks tut lad for his contribution but we need to move on now.

I'm not too fussed about him to be honest. As a striker I'd play him alongside Kieffer Moore. However, I might be a minority here but I don't think he was all that as a winger. He didn't skirt the touch line and bang in crosses and dovetail with the full backs which is your main job.

Depending on Isgrove and Hedges injuries I’d have him back . Doubt we’d be able to find someone permanent in January so he’ll do to fill in

It was his work rate that let him down for me.

Same old scenario hoping and hoping get your fingers out and go and buy players no more messing about or we'll and end up with NOWT

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Same old scenario hoping and hoping get your fingers out and go and buy players no more messing about or we'll and end up with NOWT

Totally agree mate

What annoys me is Hecky mentions needing players but it's him whose doing the waiting, hanging on for your Harvey Wallbangers and your Oliver Mceasterbunnies. Pipeline Fletchers of this world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast