+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boris Johnson

Boris Johnson

Is this man sane ?....leave Europe and now he wants a cross channel bridge to be built.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Is this man sane ?....leave Europe and now he wants a cross channel bridge to be built.
    I think you're conflating the EU with Europe map, we're not leaving anywhere, moving the UK is beyond the powers of even Bojo. We'll still be in the same place, just across the channel from mainland Europe, the only difference is we'll be governed from London instead of Brussels.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think you're conflating the EU with Europe map, we're not leaving anywhere, moving the UK is beyond the powers of even Bojo. We'll still be in the same place, just across the channel from mainland Europe, the only difference is we'll be governed from London instead of Brussels.
    I quite like the idea of being able to drive to France! Seems a decent enough shout to me.

I'm not conflating anything, the U'K is in the European Union or not ?

Why does that matter map?

We are 22 miles away from our nearest neighbour, we need to parley and trade with these pesky Frenchmen.

Being in the EU (or not) is totally irrelevant.

You never said anything about the European Union in the OP, you said we were leaving Europe. Europe is a continent of which we are a part, we won't be leaving it, we can't leave it, the EU is a bloated, corrupt, undemocratic bureaucracy which we will be leaving, providing we can put the traitors back in their box.

Is this man sane ?....
    I think he's there to distract - and for the wind-up...map.

his latest (just heard him on the radio)....when questioned on the channel being one of the worlds busiest shipping lanes - he said the bridge would be invisible to ships, so they'd pass/steer through it...without knowing.

I beg your pardon....I think / hope you understood what I meant.

I read this as NOT the people want to leave europe but it was Bojo's call that he did announced he's backing calls for Britain to leave the EU, and now has the idea of a bridge to span the English channel

Plus a bridge is trade with all of europe and beyond

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)