+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dani Pinillos signs

Dani Pinillos signs

25-year-old experienced left-back signs a permanent deal at Oakwell!

Barnsley Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Dani Pinillos on a two-and-a-half year contract from Spanish side, Cordoba.

Joining the Reds today after signing his contract at Oakwell, Pinillos re-embarks on the Sky Bet Championship after a successful two-year spell previously with Nottingham Forest before rejoining Cordoba on a three-year contract. Barnsley have monitored the progress of the left-sided full-back and moved quickly to bring him to South Yorkshire.

Standing at 6ft in height, Pinillos possesses not only the defensive capabilities to strengthen Paul Heckingbottom’s backline, but the power, strength and pace to get himself up and down the wings in support of attacking moves too.

During his previous spell in England whilst with the East Midlands based side, Pinillos had made the left-back spot his own and became a fans favourite after a crucial last minute header saw Forest steal a point from promotion chasing Derby County, as well as assisting the other goal in a 2-2 draw. His ability to both attack and defender made him a regular, with 35 starts under his belt giving him the knowledge of a league the Reds were looking for.

As well as Sky Bet Championship appearances, Pinillos can boast over 150 senior appearances since making his debut as an 18-year-old.

Like this signing subject to injury problems behind him of course .

Like the fact he's proved himself at this level , still young but with experience .

Very pleased on first impressions .

Me too. I wonder if he can play on the wing? Seems a strange one though, given we have Mccarthy, Fryers, Yiadom and Cavare on the books.

Hope the lad does well. Does this mean Yiadom is off? Says in Chronicle we're after Jay Fulton from Swansea. I'm summizing there might be a possible deal there

I think Yiadom will walk at the end of the season and I don’t rate Fryers , wouldn’t have signed him

I think you can factor Yiadom and Fryers out for two differing reasons steve .

Very very good back four starting to emerge , get the Oxford keeper in to challenge Davies and we are cooking on gas .

Next project is to start finding creativity and a cutting edge offensively .

Starting to see the makings of a decent side getting put together here and should we survive this season then next season should see us doing very well .

Feeling a little more positive than of late , lets hope this is the start of better days ahead and we bear the fruit of our labour instead of our competitive rivals .

Or what's the point me thinks .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think you can factor Yiadom and Fryers out for two differing reasons steve .

Very very good back four starting to emerge , get the Oxford keeper in to challenge Davies and we are cooking on gas .

Next project is to start finding creativity and a cutting edge offensively .

Starting to see the makings of a decent side getting put together here and should we survive this season then next season should see us doing very well .

Feeling a little more positive than of late , lets hope this is the start of better days ahead and we bear the fruit of our labour instead of our competitive rivals .

Or what's the point me thinks .
    Agree Animal. I'd just like us to sign an "out and out" midfielder with no attacking or defending bias. There must be one out there somewhere? Christoph Knasmulner??

Just hoping we haven't signed another Aidy White ??

We have got to survive this season and strengthen this January and next season then we'll know the intensions of new owners

I think there are holes in the team though.

Davies
    Cavare, Lindsay, Pinnock, Pinillos that could be the defence taking shape?

Isgrove, Williams, Gardner, Hammill is the current first choice midfield. However, that is light offensively and two of the players don't belong to us. Creates a great void as it will this saturday against Villa away. Two definite question marks to be slotted in there.

We could go with Mallan and Potts in there saturday as a guess. So you'd think a centre midfielder would be a priority at the minute. If Isgrove or Hammill were to get injured or suspended we'd be up the creek as well. So perhaps a winger.

Bradshaw and Moore to start up front. Bradshaw for his weight of goals and Moore for his power and aerial ability. However, with Bradshaw rumoured to be going we're in desperate need of a striker. Although I'd like to see Thiam working off Moore. Just can't see it happening.

Iz no clarteead this Chien. I can see nothing but good coming from this tekovva.

Saw on BBC teletext today that there's interest from British clubs in signing Seri from Nice. Clever bit of business that if it comes off.

Azzenybody seen owt abart what this Pinillos ez cost or his wages ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast