+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Stadiun outline

New Stadiun outline

Looks fantastic. Unfortunately, it won't be happening anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Looks fantastic. Unfortunately, it won't be happening anytime soon
    Good, why would we want a half-empty stadium? We'll leave that to our porcine neighbours.

Interestingly, the commentator described Hillsborough as 'half full' against Carlisle on Tuesday night. I thought 'that's not bad, 20,000 for a third round replay'. Turns out it was 12,003.

Now. That's a pretty good turn out for that kind of match, but nothing's ever good enough for them is it? They're like Donald Trump; they have such low self-esteem that they have to over-exaggerate everything, and then they and the media start believing it. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Good, why would we want a half-empty stadium? We'll leave that to our porcine neighbours.

Interestingly, the commentator described Hillsborough as 'half full' against Carlisle on Tuesday night. I thought 'that's not bad, 20,000 for a third round replay'. Turns out it was 12,003.

Now. That's a pretty good turn out for that kind of match, but nothing's ever good enough for them is it? They're like Donald Trump; they have such low self-esteem that they have to over-exaggerate everything, and then they and the media start believing it. Pathetic.
    12K was a good attendance

Not sure it was all about the game tho. Could be argued some made the effort on sh1t snowy night to welcome the new Messiah

yeah wasnt too bad although i will be suprised if we get any more than 15k for preston even though its great pricing as for stadium plans why do we need 14k seats in south stand 10k would be more than enough and a 12k kop which is the most needed side of the ground for redevelopment like the look of the new kop with a concourse at last for us poor kopites its a dump as it is now 36k capacity would be fine for us utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah wasnt too bad although i will be suprised if we get any more than 15k for preston even though its great pricing as for stadium plans why do we need 14k seats in south stand 10k would be more than enough and a 12k kop which is the most needed side of the ground for redevelopment like the look of the new kop with a concourse at last for us poor kopites its a dump as it is now 36k capacity would be fine for us utb ftp
    The main motivation isn’t to increase capacity, that’s just a by product and bonus (will be needed on the PL as 35,000 wouldn’t be enough for some matches). Although I agree for us fans the main priority is the Kop, which is the worse part of the ground.

The main motivation is to increase revenue streams, corporate facilities and image/ reputation for when we have VIP visitors and media.
    McCabe made his millions as a properly developer, so him and his experts will know exactly what to do.
    Hence the flats, club shop, office space, corporate/ banqueting/ exhibition facilities.
    Last edited by almostsignedmaradona; 19-01-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almostsignedmaradona View Post
    The main motivation isn’t to increase capacity, that’s just a by product and bonus (will be needed on the PL as 35,000 wouldn’t be enough for some matches). Although I agree for us fans the main priority is the Kop, which is the worse part of the ground.

The main motivation is to increase revenue streams, corporate facilities and image/ reputation for when we have VIP visitors and media.
    McCabe made his millions as a properly developer, so him and his experts will know exactly what to do.
    Hence the flats, club shop, office space, corporate/ banqueting/ exhibition facilities.
    Exactly ASM.

It's a case of not having all your eggs in one basket that has very specific use.

It is, however, very difficult to generate decent revenue when the facilities are tied to the football, which, obviously has to come first,but can provide major problems for advance bookings of big hospitality events etc.Apartments and office space is the best way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by almostsignedmaradona View Post

And possibly it helps him to find a buyer

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    I don't think we'll get much more than 10k against Preston in't cup.UTCB

Get it built.

We are averaging 27k now,you could easily put another 10k on top of that if we were in the Prem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast