+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Cup away day memories

Scottish Cup away day memories

What's your best memories from away days in the cup, be it a match, goal, atmosphere, size of our following etc (not including finals/semi finals)

Huntly away in 1995 stands out for me for a few reasons, the crowd we took up, very drunk support, Jim having a go at the fans behind the goal when the ad board fell, had to stand on a wee wobbly wooden table to see anything, group of Huntly fans attacking a couple Arabs pre match, we stayed the night at one of the wee hotels that were right next to each other

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    What's your best memories from away days in the cup, be it a match, goal, atmosphere, size of our following etc (not including finals/semi finals)

Huntly away in 1995 stands out for me for a few reasons, the crowd we took up, very drunk support, Jim having a go at the fans behind the goal when the ad board fell, had to stand on a wee wobbly wooden table to see anything, group of Huntly fans attacking a couple Arabs pre match, we stayed the night at one of the wee hotels that were right next to each other
    haha Huntly was an absolute invasion. Was right at the ad board behind goal when it fell over and Wee Jum called us hooligans afterwards. The board just collapsed after a mini sway of about 10 folk - PMSL. There is a video of it and im right at the front - cant recall now if i fell over or not but i am sure someone will remind me. Im afraid I was very very drunk

Great memory that Shedka!

I was 10 but through with my old man on the train, class, had a great view of that side on about in line with the 6 yard box from my wobbly table

Probably Huntly for me an all, went with i think the Fort? in the Ferry, with my dad, uncles and a few of there mates (I was 13/14)

Bus up was a laugh, until abody realised the hot pies were in the underside of the bus. Up at the match, Huntly fans with blow up sheep.
    The Utd boy in the kilt who shoved the match ball under his kilt
    Standing on the "terracing" aka a sand dune
    Then the bus breaking down on the way back home, having to wait for another bus to pick us up.

Another memory of Scottish cup was Arbroath away where we won 3-2 in 94, I got sent for pie and bovril for my dad and uncles...miss 2 of the bloomin Utd goals!!! Come back and see Arbroath fight back.

Partick Thistle away in 2010, had just started travelling with the Arctics, sitting in a cold bowling club, deep snow on the green, watching a fox run across the green with a pint in my had...and the fact we won with a Hand of God and a cracking goal from Goodie

Arbroath was a laugh too. Huntly i think i got the Fort bus too or maybe centenary cannae recall. I do remember a copper saying you will have to finish those cans before the bus leaves. Slept most of way back

5 Mar 2016, Ross County 2 - 3 United. What a day out that was!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Pitch Invasions and broken chairs everywhere.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I missed that day with a migraine
    Thought i'd make up for it last year with a wee cup trip to Dingwall, yeah that didnt work out so well, from what i could actually see of the effing game

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Im afraid I was very very drunk !

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
    Pitch Invasions and broken chairs everywhere.
    Total bedlam when the winner went in, truly crazy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)