+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Signings, shambles

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    Heard a rumour today that someone a bit more senior is on his way out, these signings would make more sense if it is true
    Will have a job now with Dagnell out for a month and Porter out now with an injury. As for signings hearing we are expected to make another loan signing next week.

If my information is correct and has come from a reliable source, Porter breaking down yesterday nows means that he will have to have some kind of op. They we hoping to avoid this scenario. Starting to get really worried now, what with our next set of fixtures and other teams around us generally upping their game. Going back to the original title of this thread "New Signings, shambles", a massive week and possibly defining week coming up for us. The board must loosen the purse strings.

Has anyone noticed that we are in a relegation battle and are fighting for our league status. I understand the arguments to give the academy players a chance but they have had more than half a season and look where we are in the league. This about the clubs future and DA is the man to sort it out. I have heard that Dagnall is out for only one week whilst it looks like Porter will take longer . A concern for me from yesterday's match was the lack of shots at the opposition keeper , in 90 minutes I think we had a couple . Not going to score many goals or pick many points up if that continues. I thought Green in midfield was excellent and tighten this area up and the defence looked sound for once so it's just the forward line to look at and I hear the club are making an announcement on this on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Has anyone noticed that we are in a relegation battle and are fighting for our league status. I understand the arguments to give the academy players a chance but they have had more than half a season and look where we are in the league. This about the clubs future and DA is the man to sort it out. I have heard that Dagnall is out for only one week whilst it looks like Porter will take longer . A concern for me from yesterday's match was the lack of shots at the opposition keeper , in 90 minutes I think we had a couple . Not going to score many goals or pick many points up if that continues. I thought Green in midfield was excellent and tighten this area up and the defence looked sound for once so it's just the forward line to look at and I hear the club are making an announcement on this on Monday.
    Well some on this site think""OUR BOYS""" can get us out of this mess,when its them who has put us in it? even the management now are waking up to the fact they can not cope in Lge 2 but do not forget the Academy is more important than the league position ohh dear whats gone wrong those who praise for it are reaping the cost now as the fight is really on now to survive in LGE 2 and when the going gets tough ! you know what happens Crewe normally come 2nd.

I seem to have a weird problem regarding being a Crewe Alex supporter. The problem is that when we sign or loan a new player and they put on an Alex shirt I believe that they are "One of Ours". Personally I am sick and tired of hearing these. narrow minded and biased comments. I mean what is the problem, are they aliens or something.

Doing or own poor little boys out of game time. Face the fact most of the loanees we have had over the last 3-4 years have been superior to our own academy graduates. On the whole they are tactically more aware and definitely physically stronger. Most of them can last 90 minutes. Our own graduates should take notice and realise this is the level they have to reach. It should be an incentive for them and a reminder of how much they have to improve.

I feel that the coaching system in our academy sadly fails to prepare our more senior boys for professional football. Plus our directors fail to recognise that a larger percentage of senior players is required to bring on our younger players when they reach the 1st team.

But surely you can see that our Academy players have stood out as being better than what we have brought in prior to this window! Ainley was very good yesterday. Lowery has been good all season as has Perry and Cooper. I agree we need some experience alongside them but those experienced playerstgatd not looked as good as our players for me.

Obviosly have missed out on the academy tinted glasses Timmy. Will take this serious problem up with Specsavers on Monday. It appears your special issue shows our midfield this season in a completely different light than a lot of supporters.

Lets cover each one you mention Ainley, yes I have recognised that he has made a great effort this season and is really trying hard to improve, which he has technically, but he is still lacking physical strength and cannot last 90 minites.

Lowery have to totally disagree on your views. He has been awful for most of the season. Presume you have not noticed for many weeks that the majority of our players don`t want to give him the ball as they know what will happen. Plus his pretend runs are unreal.

Perry has been good and one of our few academy successes, but for me he is not a right back. For me his best position would be in midfield. A far better prospect then Lowery.
    /

Cooper a very talented young player as shown by his number of assists. His problem is that far too often he does not turn up for the game, and even when he does he only lasts 20-20 minutes. Will be interesting to see if Posh can make him turn up.

Sorry but the players we have signed have been vastly superior to our young players, but like a lot of Alex supporters you do not want to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Obviosly have missed out on the academy tinted glasses Timmy. Will take this serious problem up with Specsavers on Monday. It appears your special issue shows our midfield this season in a completely different light than a lot of supporters.

Lets cover each one you mention Ainley, yes I have recognised that he has made a great effort this season and is really trying hard to improve, which he has technically, but he is still lacking physical strength and cannot last 90 minites.

Lowery have to totally disagree on your views. He has been awful for most of the season. Presume you have not noticed for many weeks that the majority of our players don`t want to give him the ball as they know what will happen. Plus his pretend runs are unreal.

Perry has been good and one of our few academy successes, but for me he is not a right back. For me his best position would be in midfield. A far better prospect then Lowery.
    /

Cooper a very talented young player as shown by his number of assists. His problem is that far too often he does not turn up for the game, and even when he does he only lasts 20-20 minutes. Will be interesting to see if Posh can make him turn up.

Sorry but the players we have signed have been vastly superior to our young players, but like a lot of Alex supporters you do not want to see that.
    "The players we have signed..." - do you mean those on loan or the senior players signing contracts?

The loans: Stubbs, a young lad not quite good enough to hold down a place. Grant: any better than ours? Certainly not better than Jones, had he not been injured, and better than Lowery??? You really do have a 'fixed' view on Lowery, and I certainly haven't seen your ludicrous assertion that team-mates don't want to give him the ball. He probably has more touches of the ball than any other player, each time he plays.

The new loans, McKindy & Barlaser; hopefully they'll be good additions to the squad (which we need), but you can't possibly have formed a valid opinion on them after their brief appearances. Paul Green seems a clear improvement on Grant, but then why wouldn't he be, with his experience?

The signings (Porter, Bowery, Raynes, Nolan): these are guys with experience anyway, and perhaps all were needed, so comparisons with our own younger players coming through would be pointless and meaningless.

As the manager has pointed out - as if he needed to - at a club like Crewe where young players sign because they can see an early pathway in first team football, you will always (and have always) have the 'problem' of how much time to give those players who make it as far as the first team, and how to nurture them and guide them through to a regular place. That's the nature of the club, but the younger players seem to be copping a greater share of the flak, especially this season, than hitherto. They need our support, not all these negative vibes, not least because it's the younger ones who are more likely to use social media.

Ludicrous assertions. No facts. Get a couple of recent cds of matches and I will show you that it really is happening. The young boy is not ready and should not be playing in our 1st team. He is not good enough. Do not blame me for that. That fault lies entirely with our manager.

If NG, Pickering, Dale, Wintle and Walker are not better midfield players than Lowery they should give up. There you are support for our young players.

The players we have signed are the senior players on contracts. Which players have scored most of our goals?

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Ludicrous assertions. No facts. Get a couple of recent cds of matches and I will show you that it really is happening. The young boy is not ready and should not be playing in our 1st team. He is not good enough. Do not blame me for that. That fault lies entirely with our manager.

If NG, Pickering, Dale, Wintle and Walker are not better midfield players than Lowery they should give up. There you are support for our young players.

The players we have signed are the senior players on contracts. Which players have scored most of our goals?
    Since Dagnall, Bowery & Porter are all forwards you would expect them to be the higher goalscorers, but that evades the point. They are experienced players so comparisons with our youth are meaningless.

Midfield players are not 'identikit' are they? In a squad they all, hopefully, bring something different to the table. Lowery is a young lad who has had more games than he may have expected because of Jones' & Wintle's injuries. I actually think he'll take a bit of a back seat now we have Green (and Wintle back). He is the type who keeps the ball circulating, but he also presses well (despite his size), and has been responsible for good interceptions and 'nicking' the ball off opponents, one such example being when he hassled a Blackburn player, up at Ewood Park, leading to Porter's chance and penalty; also, whilst on that game, he was in no way responsible for the three the team had already conceded! He needs to improve in the area near the opposition box, with shots and incisive passing to his forwards. That's how I see it anyway. I appreciate forums like this are all about opinions, and yours are obviously valid, even if your writing style - being polite here - does tend to present your opinion as fact. I'm pretty sure if you were to meet young Lowery he'd be perfectly capable of answering any of your assertions, and I'm equally sure he'd prefer to take his advice from his coaches and manager, rather than a bloke off a messageboard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast