+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Signings, shambles

To get this thread back on track a little....
    The new signings perhaps need to include a centre half who doesn't average 2 or 3 mistakes every game. Perhaps Raines is the experienced pro that Big Dave is looking to move on? Two more mistakes on Saturday - two more goals conceeded. Now George Ray is nearing fitness, is this one area we could free up.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Perhaps Raines is the experienced pro that Big Dave is looking to move on? Two more mistakes on Saturday - two more goals conceeded.

Interesting ........
    I was reading the Times Sport supplement yesterday and they had Raynes in the L2 team of the week!
    Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Lowery have to totally disagree on your views. He has been awful for most of the season.

I have to say I have read some comments on here over the years but I'm not sure I have gasped as much as I did to this one!
    I've seen him twice in away games this season - been our best player by far on both occasions! Always looking to press the opposition and always looking to make himself available for the ball.
    I think you are being VERY harsh on the lad!
    If not one for the here and now, definitely one for the future.

When we’ve loaned in kids there’s no way that the loan signings of recent years have been better than our home grown players, the only exceptions I can think of are Cooke and Kiwomya and the latter went off the boil way to quickly.

When we’ve signed loan players a bit older like Brandy, Ajose and Ness however they’ve been great.

Having said that, given these injuries I might have been a bit hasty to call our transfer policy a shambles. We’re going to need these lads.

I’m going to need to go back to my original standpoint .... just seen we’re signing Miller.

A man who’s failed at every club he’s been at.

Shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    I’m going to need to go back to my original standpoint .... just seen we’re signing Miller.

A man who’s failed at every club he’s been at.

Shambles.
    Pleased if it happens. He scores goals and most are quality. Left here under a cloud, I seem to recall, as the then manager, could not get the best out of him, following the season previous, when he hit 19 goals. Goal of the month against Barnet in September.
    It is all about opinions concerning players, I see this as an opportunity for him to do well alongside Bowery. When he left the Alex his career stuttered, I know, but he certainly did well in his spell at Morecambe. I reckon that with our limited spending power, we need to grasp what we can right now and hopefully, Artell will hit on the right formula to keep us in the FL. He has had some rotten luck with injuries during this campaign. Fans need to get behind him and the team, because this bloke is staying put for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Pleased if it happens. He scores goals and most are quality. Left here under a cloud, I seem to recall, as the then manager, could not get the best out of him, following the season previous, when he hit 19 goals. Goal of the month against Barnet in September.
    It is all about opinions concerning players, I see this as an opportunity for him to do well alongside Bowery. When he left the Alex his career stuttered, I know, but he certainly did well in his spell at Morecambe. I reckon that with our limited spending power, we need to grasp what we can right now and hopefully, Artell will hit on the right formula to keep us in the FL. He has had some rotten luck with injuries during this campaign. Fans need to get behind him and the team, because this bloke is staying put for the foreseeable future.

He scores goals?? When and for who? The guy is 30 and he's had one semi-decent season for Morecombe.

I'd love to be proved wrong but this is not the most inspiring of signings.

And is the transfer tactic of "grasp what we can right now" really the best we can do?

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    He scores goals?? When and for who? The guy is 30 and he's had one semi-decent season for Morecombe.

I'd love to be proved wrong but this is not the most inspiring of signings.

And is the transfer tactic of "grasp what we can right now" really the best we can do?
    It is probably the best we can do under the circumstances of having a limited budget at his disposal. Like any loan signing, Miller will be a gamble (if indeed he does arrive). Right now, I believe (and that is only my opinion), it is a chance worth taking. I would think that there are zero decent strikers available at this time of the season, especially considering our league position and our budget. From what I can remember of this player, he was pretty useful alongside Donaldson and that was a long time ago. At that time, Dario stated (as he always did) that Miller was not the finished article. With the experience gained since then, I would hope that he is capable of doing a job for us in the short-term. Career appearances - 315 games, 88 goals. At present it is all speculation as there has been no news on him signing for us.

There is news now!.
    I have to agree, I doubt whether he will be much of a solution as he is keen but a little lightweight. However, the point about him is that he used to miss a hatful for every one he scored so maybe with a bit more experience...
    Maybe he will take over the mantle from Daggers circa Jan 2017 and really sparkle next to Bowery. Who knows????

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    There is news now!.
    I have to agree, I doubt whether he will be much of a solution as he is keen but a little lightweight. However, the point about him is that he used to miss a hatful for every one he scored so maybe with a bit more experience...
    Maybe he will take over the mantle from Daggers circa Jan 2017 and really sparkle next to Bowery. Who knows????

Let's be honest, Miller will surely think he still has something to prove to us -and I hope he does!
    But equally, let us also not forget that his last 2 seasons with us were probably his best ......
    19 goals teaming up with Donaldson in 2010/11, followed up by a thunderous start to 2011/12 with 6 in 9.
    Unfortunately it all seemed to go sour after that, leading to a departure to Bramall Lane.
    He'll get my vocal backing today that's for sure, I expect him to start!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234