+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings, shambles

New Signings, shambles

Selling Cooper was frustrating but I get why the happened, last year of his contract etc but why on earth have we gone out and signed two unproven players from big club academies?

It's an absolute joke. I get the idea of signing one of them, after all we have just lost one of our goal threats, but why two? Kirk is finally shaping up to be a decent player and Artell keeps mentioning Dale is near the team ,so why on earth sign two players ahead of them in the pecking order, come next season we'll be back to where we started.

And why are we once again paying to improve other clubs assets??

Cooper needed replacing quickly and maybe we'll have a winger not afraid to take people on. Who knows at this stage??

spend the money

[QUOTE=thnhouse;38767833]Selling Cooper was frustrating but I get why the happened, last year of his contract etc but why on earth have we gone out and signed two unproven players from big club academies?

It's an absolute joke. I get the idea of signing one of them, after all we have just lost one of our goal threats, but why two? Kirk is finally shaping up to be a decent player and Artell keeps mentioning Dale is near the team ,so why on earth sign two players ahead of them in the pecking order, come next season we'll be back to where we started.

And why are we once again paying to improve other clubs assets??[/QbeacuseUOTE]

Because the Crewe Academy players are not good enough thats why as MSB said there are loads out there better than we have who can last 90 min not 30. Bring in more spend the money.

Regular attender are you? Thought not. The Academy players are easily good enough. Spending the money doesn't get you much and certainly not better than we have. But if you went, you would know that

Not a shambles in my eyes at all. Cooper had his faults, yes, but he was our main man when it came to assists. Therefore, we needed a player or two who could provide those ***** passes to our marksmen. Yes, I agree that both Kirk and Lowry need game time and deserve such. No doubt that Artell will provide plenty of opportunity to allow them to make more of a mark as the season progresses. This manager is pretty fair when it comes to giving players chances. Not so many 'favourites' are allowed to stagnate in his sides, as we saw before he took over. Moreover, I see the new signings as an essential way of freshening things up and giving the fans something to look forward to in the coming weeks. New faces always create interest. You never know, these three guys might just be the tonic that is needed. Callum Cooke and Jordan Bowery certainly helped to keep us in this division last term, when we looked doomed in the era B.A. (Before Artell).

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Not a shambles in my eyes at all. Cooper had his faults, yes, but he was our main man when it came to assists. Therefore, we needed a player or two who could provide those ***** passes to our marksmen. Yes, I agree that both Kirk and Lowry need game time and deserve such. No doubt that Artell will provide plenty of opportunity to allow them to make more of a mark as the season progresses. This manager is pretty fair when it comes to giving players chances. Not so many 'favourites' are allowed to stagnate in his sides, as we saw before he took over. Moreover, I see the new signings as an essential way of freshening things up and giving the fans something to look forward to in the coming weeks. New faces always create interest. You never know, these three guys might just be the tonic that is needed. Callum Cooke and Jordan Bowery certainly helped to keep us in this division last term, when we looked doomed in the era B.A. (Before Artell).

I just can’t get past getting both of them, would the money not have been better spent on another defender ? Especially considering our defence has been poor all season and we’ve sent our cover back.

Or even combining the wage and picking up an older pro who is a safer bet of having an impact ?

Callum Cooke did well last year but he didn’t keep us up or take us up , so what was the point in depriving one of our graduates 10 games ?

I think it is a tad premature to be calling the recruitment a shambles. Let's see what these loanees have to offer and how DA reshapes the team to get the best from the fairly unexceptional squad that we have got.

Quote Originally Posted by objective View Post
    I think it is a tad premature to be calling the recruitment a shambles. Let's see what these loanees have to offer and how DA reshapes the team to get the best from the fairly unexceptional squad that we have got.
    I can’t see how it can’t be?

The only outcomes I can see are:

1. They play great for us and go back to their parent clubs better players, we don’t gain anything and stifle the development of our players.

2. They’re terrible and do nothing , we don’t gain anything and stifle the development of our players.

3. They don’t get a game and waste money

The only way I can see these being a good acquisition is if Artell thinks we’re likely to go down and these are the players to pull us out of that, which as they’re both unproven at a professional level seems unlikely.

Very simple in my eyes and was alluded to this week by Pete Morse in the Chronicle. We need more goals from our forwards and especially our midfield. These lads have been brought in, and I believe another forward on the way, to try and achieve this. Whether they are good enough we will see but we have to try something otherwise there must be a great danger of us going out of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Very simple in my eyes and was alluded to this week by Pete Morse in the Chronicle. We need more goals from our forwards and especially our midfield. These lads have been brought in, and I believe another forward on the way, to try and achieve this. Whether they are good enough we will see but we have to try something otherwise there must be a great danger of us going out of the league.
    Heard a rumour today that someone a bit more senior is on his way out, these signings would make more sense if it is true

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast