+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Silk Scarf

My Silk Scarf

These days it's all about replica shirts , jackets and just about everything really . I remember having a rattle my old man gave me but what I really loved was my silk scarf. Securely tied to my wrist ,walking down London Road loud and proud , oh I loved that scarf. What are your first memories of a little bit of Notts you owned ?
    Last edited by navypie; 19-01-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Life was all Black and White, the TV, my wedding photo's and my black and white dog Smithy...named after George Smith...

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    These days it's all about replica shirts , jackets and just about everything really . I remember having a rattle my old man gave me but what I really loved was my silk scarf. Securely tied to my wrist ,walking down London Road loud and proud , oh I loved that scarf. What are your first memories of a little bit of Notts ?
    Seeing a weird looking chap with a rattle mincing down London Road with a silk scarf tied to his wrist.

I had a silk scarf that was black and white and one side and yellow and green on the other, thus serving as a home and away scarf. It had the single, soaring magpie on each side. In fact, it was a work of art, but I didn't wear it on my wrist.

I had a stick with a nail in it

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    These days it's all about replica shirts , jackets and just about everything really . I remember having a rattle my old man gave me but what I really loved was my silk scarf. Securely tied to my wrist ,walking down London Road loud and proud , oh I loved that scarf. What are your first memories of a little bit of Notts you owned ?
    Before my nurse wipes my arse ( BFP's recent jibe ) I'll always remember the woollen black and white plain barred scarf my dad bought me. It was worn as a muffler when cold but it made me feel proud. Also the little enamel brooch shaped as a black and white football pinned to my coat lapel. Going off topic a little concerning Gordon Wills, I googled 'Old Notts County Photographs' and saw the team photo of the 1957 season which shows Gordon. I always remember him playing outside left, but Bobby Crookes was in the same picture and Bob was always the number 11. Possibly Wills also played on the other wing?

I'm useless on these computer thingies, if any fellow 'Pie can tell me how to retrieve pictures and attach for viewing on here, I'd be grateful.

No Navy ....... I think EP means it in the context of 'walking' but is describing his hero Jeremy rather than you.

No doubt I will be banned soon , more than happy . I hope you got my private message.

Elite posts, reaches the parts other posters cannot reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Elite posts, reaches the parts other posters cannot reach.
    Without even trying it seems! It was meant to be a mildly humorous post, obviously someone didn't get the joke!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast