+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby County 0 Bristol City 0

Derby County 0 Bristol City 0

Rams robbed by late penalty decision - External Link

Should have put our chances away but that's football. Another clean sheet and the unbeaten run goes on. Lets take that and move on to the next match!

Started both halves slowly and grew into them. We were the better side on 44% possession. Ought to have won but some fine keeping and a couple of poor efforts saw us fail to score. The clean sheet was well deserved.

Davies my MOTM.

Davies looked brilliant last night.. him and Keogh possibly the best pairing in the division.

Agree with that...Davies best player on the pitch.
    Also very impressed watching Rowett this morning. No histrionics, just factual analysis. Cool, measured, balanced...the referee made a mistake...win some - lose some attitude. Compare and contrast with McClaren who comes across as a slightly bitter idiot imo. Makes me doubly grateful for the change we made last March.

Was away for the Hull home match in September but it seems that was a night when everything went our way. Last night was actually fairly even but...we missed at least two excellent chances...forced two more excellent saves...hit the bar and were denied a certain penalty while I can’t remember Carson making a genuine save. C’est la vie.

ramAnag Got to agree about Davies he's good reads the game so well Not to disappointed with the result they are a good side I would have taken a point before the start But we never took advantage of them not replacing Baker in defence Can't believe Vydra missed that one that Nugent set up it wasn't a good save just a poor miss Think we had one or two not on it last night Thorne not quite there yet I thought Lawrence was poor Russell all effort and no end product as usual Just keeping my finger crossed we bring a midfielder in Didn't like what GR said about Hanson doing well for the U23s I went to see them to say he was terrible is an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    ramAnag Got to agree about Davies he's good reads the game so well Not to disappointed with the result they are a good side I would have taken a point before the start But we never took advantage of them not replacing Baker in defence Can't believe Vydra missed that one that Nugent set up it wasn't a good save just a poor miss Think we had one or two not on it last night Thorne not quite there yet I thought Lawrence was poor Russell all effort and no end product as usual Just keeping my finger crossed we bring a midfielder in Didn't like what GR said about Hanson doing well for the U23s I went to see them to say he was terrible is an understatement
    Watched the recording since last night. Interesting, and a little alarming, some of the things that were being said about Vydra being such a confidence player. Apparently he’s still ‘fretting’ over his Ipswich miss. The finish at Birmingham last week was so emphatic I thought he’d be over that. Pity...he’s a great finisher but seems to need to relax.
    Agree about Thorne...seemed to tire, Russell...loads of effort but after his superb performance at St. Andrews he was back to making the wrong choice and Lawrence...offered nothing and I fear he may be carrying an injury which wasn’t helped by some fairly uncompromising defending by the likes of Wright and Pack.
    Totally agree we still need to strengthen midfield. Huddlestone and Thorne were great at Brum but looked very immobile last night against Bristol’s much stronger midfield. Not sure we can rely on Ledley’s fitness either.

ramAnag. Didn't know about Vydra and the Ipswich goal good strikers just dismiss things like that Yes Lawrence was poor to be fair to him I can't see the point of playing a right footer on the left and vice versa Russell is much better on the left I know its suppossed to be so they can cut and shoot with there good foot but how often does it result in anything Yes Thorne looked tired but he never had a preseason and its caught up with him he'll be OK We really do need another midfielder or I fear our old legs in mi

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)