+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Norwich City v The Mighty Blades

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MATCH DAY POST: Norwich City v The Mighty Blades

Though it's only 8 days since we last played, it seems an age to me, and today represents another big test. Sure, we've been on a poor run of form, and last weeks failure to win was very disappointing, but we may benefit from Norwich's midweek adventures in the cup. That went to penalties and 'hopefully' some of their players are feeling a bit jaded. We need to keep in touch with the teams above us, but a win at Norwich is a big ask...

Anyway...

Any team news?

A real chance to slot some of the new boys in today?

After a 0-0 is there a place for Sharp again?

Of the new lads who's a starter?

Clarke and Wilson as starters anyone?

A reverse of the smash and grab at Bramall Lane would be very welcome but history is against us as far as visits to Carrow Road is concerned. However I'm hopeful as ever and have a funny feeling about today's game. A 1-0 Blades win with Clarke the hero again....

We will see. Safe journey folks and sing loud

UTB

I'm guessin 3 changes,Lenny,Holmes and Wilson to start,Lundy,Duffy&The Don Benched.1-0 win for THE BLADES,FLECKY to score.UTCB

I think CW will make changes and I expect Leonard and Holmes to start and improve us. 3-1 Blades win in what is a match I feel we have to get 3 points.

Have to start winning again if we have any chance of finishing in the play-offs. I'm hoping to hear that the new ones have given us a different dimension and options, and three points to the Blades of course.

Midfield of Leonard-Holmes-Fleck.............with any two of Lundstram-Evans-Duffy on the bench.

Ryan Leonard, Lee Evans and James Wilson all make their full debuts for the Blades today at Norwich.

The trio start against the Canaries - John Lundstram, Mark Duffy and Clayton Donaldson make way.

The trio drop to the bench and are joined by Ricky Holmes, who joined the Blades this week. Young goalkeeper Jake Eastwood is also on the bench after Jamal Blackman suffered a groin injury in training.

Blades: Moore, Baldock, Stevens, Fleck, O'Connell, Basham, Clarke, Wilson, Leonard, Stearman, L Evans.
    Subs: Lundstram, Sharp, Donaldson, Duffy, Lafferty, Holmes, Eastwood.

Happy with that...all have chances to grab a shirt. i expect Leonard & Wilson to be starters every week.

yeah good team selection that wilson will cause them problems coming deeper to lay ball off and i think weve a good chance of at least a point

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah good team selection that wilson will cause them problems coming deeper to lay ball off and i think weve a good chance of at least a point
    Prophetic words, mate!

United 1-0 James Wilson 6 mins

Get in Clayton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast