+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: biggest crowd youve been in at the lane

biggest crowd youve been in at the lane

was just thinking about this i think mine is between the cardiff game in 71 or the pigs game 80 nearly 44 at the cardiff one but think there might have been 45 for the derby game in 80 only other one near those 2 was the boxing day 66 one with man utd 43 at that one

I was at Cardiff game, and the BDM return game. I think the Cardiff game was bigger, but no doubt someone will put me straight.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    was just thinking about this i think mine is between the cardiff game in 71 or the pigs game 80 nearly 44 at the cardiff one but think there might have been 45 for the derby game in 80 only other one near those 2 was the boxing day 66 one with man utd 43 at that one
    Mine was the Sheffield Derby at Easter in 1980.
    Some books quote the attendance that day as 42K plus whilst others quote is as being 45K plus.

Also went to both the League Cup games in 78.
    We got 36K+ at home to Liverpool, then 39K+ at home to Leeds in the following round.

57000 against Burnley FA Cup 5th round. I was 6 at the time and was told later all the tickets went in 3 days. Pointer scored winner with flukey header.

mine was waiting to get served for a pint on the kop 2006/2007 season.....good times!

I was at the Cardiff game in 71, 44k fantastic atmosphere. I'll never forget, along with the away game at Leicester when we were promoted and the snorkers went down, nobody could believe it but what a day.

yeah vaguely remember the burnley game was it a quarter final of the cup ? and didnt somebody have a heart attack at the game ? remember me dad telling me about the quarter finan with wednesday in 60 i think and we murdered em but they had 2 shots all game and scored both to win 2 0 wilkinson got both i think as for the cardiff game watched match standing on kop gangway steps with hundreds of others couldnt get on terracing it was that rammed

Yes, mahatma, I was also at that game. Can't remember the year though. Do remember the Ray Pointer "goal'. Crowd went mad. Was that the one where the wall at the bottom of the Kop collapsed? Also , at The Arsenal game in 1953. 51,000 + there . Old cricket pavilion packed even the balcony. Think Len Browning scored (header) in a 1-0 win. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    57000 against Burnley FA Cup 5th round. I was 6 at the time and was told later all the tickets went in 3 days. Pointer scored winner with flukey header.
    You've answered the question for me MHMF.

I was trying to remember my biggest crowd at BDBL and, as this was my 1st ever game, that's it.

I was there (aged 13) and I'd forgotten their goal was a deflected shot.
    Fence calapsed and 2/3 taken to hospital....I was near bye.....no H&S then?

Not sure if the youtube below will work...not good at techy things...soz if not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJkzBzhp624

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast