+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Favourite Old Ground That's Sadly No More ?

It's a nice ground Animal , although it doesn't resemble the Old ground at all , they have kept some history from previous seasons , and that's credit to them , I'm not sure who plays there now ? I think Albion Sports have left theer ? ! ESRs owd favorite Delroy Facet laiked fo them

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Did anyone go to the old Springfield Park Wigan for that 4th division clash in 79 .

Pitch were just mud and Clarkie scored a last minute equaliser from a penalty .

There was just a grass banking behind the goal with a little tin stand at the top of the bank and folk were sliding darn it at half time
    on the backs .

Pyssed it darn all the game , all reds kicked Wigan fans art of that side stand and took it over because it war only cover in the ground .
    I was there Animal..One of my best early memories I was 14, me and my mate running for cover to that tin shed to realise the roof was full of holes then sliding back down the hill, the only thing we were missing was a sledge! It was hilarious I remember we drew 1-1 but can't remember who scored for us, wasn't bothered really I was having too much fun in the mud!
    Same season I went to Gigg Lane and that ended 2-2 and when we scored the second I jumped up and my feet went straight through the wooden floor! took my mates to pull me out!! I also remember someone at that game making a song up about Paul Wormley...."Oh when the worms get in that dog, oh when the worms get in that dog, I want to be in that dog, oh when the worms get in that dog" Lol we don't change with stupid songs do we?
    Favourite ground that is no more would have to be Hull with Millmoor a close second.
    Last edited by perkytyke; 22-01-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12