+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dunnett v Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by pedrolane View Post
    Exactly right. It's KN's work that has put us where we are but if we wobble AH will start to sulk as he's set himself up for a rather large fall. And the special announcement is..? I for one am still waiting....
    Genuine question .... are you hoping he has a 'rather large fall'?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Genuine question .... are you hoping he has a 'rather large fall'?
    I'm sure that the majority of us would prefer he simply didn't set himself up for a "rather large fall". Disappointment is going to come one shape or another and being well grounded is the best antidote.

A man who has to see a psychiatrist because he gets over excited at a match strikes me as being a bit of a loose canon and as much as it is great to have a genuine lover of the sport (though he's not that long been a Notts supporter as far as I know) it would be reassuring to know that we are being led by a level and clear headed businessman.

I've got two opinions on Alan Hardy.

His actions are nothing but praiseworthy, the way he has turned this club around since taking the reins is nothing short of incredible.

His words however are frequently cringeworthy. The latest "You are all in for a treat v Exeter" based on what he had seen during a f*cking indoor training session was just laughable and left him looking a complete tw@t.

Just get on with running the club Alan and stay away from social media. If our promotion bid fails, things could get rather nasty on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've got two opinions on Alan Hardy.

His actions are nothing but praiseworthy, the way he has turned this club around since taking the reins is nothing short of incredible.

His words however are frequently cringeworthy. The latest "You are all in for a treat v Exeter" based on what he had seen during a f*cking indoor training session was just laughable and left him looking a complete tw@t.

Just get on with running the club Alan and stay away from social media. If our promotion bid fails, things could get rather nasty on there.
    100%

Words fail me with some Notts fans.
    What AH has done since buying the club is nothing short of a miracle.
    We’re second in the league, still in the FA Cup, paying less to attend, have a promising young manager and the club has a general buzz around the place.
    And all some of you can do is rip him to shreds because his enthusiasm and positivity sometimes spills over.
    I admit it’s sometimes cringe but so f**king what. Don’t follow him on social media if it bothers you that much.
    The guy is hellbent on making Notts a success. If his main driver for that is his ego then again, so f**king what!
    Time and time again it’s been said over the years the only thing that matters is results on the pitch. Well we’ve had that and more in the last 12 months but still it’s not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    We’re second in the league, still in the FA Cup, paying less to attend, have a promising young manager and the club has a general buzz around the place.
    And all some of you can do is rip him to shreds because his enthusiasm and positivity sometimes spills over.
    I admit it’s sometimes cringe but so f**king what. Don’t follow him on social media if it bothers you that much.
    The guy is hellbent on making Notts a success. If his main driver for that is his ego then again, so f**king what!
    Time and time again it’s been said over the years the only thing that matters is results on the pitch. Well we’ve had that and more in the last 12 months but still it’s not enough.
    Well that's my candidate for the most sensible and hidden-agendaless post of the year so far!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well that's my candidate for the most sensible and hidden-agendaless post of the year so far!
    Agree 100%, interesting use of the word ‘agendess’, it’s funny how some posters only become very active when we lose or when AH says something because of his ‘over enthusiasm’ but for example don’t contribute to threads about trying to get more people though the gate like his £2 offer, or recognise the positive things he’s done.

One things for sure I wouldn’t want to go back to the days of the previous regime. People forget we all aren’t perfect, we all have our faults or things we perhaps would like to change about ourselves. Just be careful, remember that old saying about biting the hand that feeds you. If I was the chairman and read this board, I would be thinking why do I bother.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Agree entirely. I just can't see why some 'fans' are waiting for it to go wrong so they can say 'told you so'. There is one poster on this thread who only posts when there's a wobble, and can't do anything but criticise the chairman (as happened with RT too).

Is it ok to give your own opinion? that was all i did, supporting Notts for a long period tends to keep you level headed.
    Some of comments are out of a kids comic, and when it does go wrong which it may well do he is wide open to other fans thoughts and comments we could well see another Trew twitter argument.
    Like most i am really impressed with what he is doing and wish the club every success.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Can't agree. His actions, like the £2 Crewe offer have been brilliant. His words however, like telling us we are in for "such a treat" after he had a sleepless night following a training session are often beyond cringeworthy. You can put it down to enthusiasm if you wish, but social media can soon turn very nasty (for the record I never look at Twitter, I just read them on here). I recall than nearly everyone was kissing Ray Trew's arse early in his tenure, but the bile and venom from a small minority even extended to his family members when results took a turn for the worse. It would be a shame if that happens to Hardy, because the signs are that he is an excellent owner.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast