+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunnett v Hardy

Dunnett v Hardy

AH is kicking of again waxing lyrical that we're in for a treat because of last night's indoor training:

"Watched the behind closed-doors training session yesterday ahead of today’s game and WOW!!!! No wonder I couldn’t sleep last night. Is it Christmas Day today? You guys are in for such a treat "

A "Steve Marshall" tries to be a bit more realistic and gets a sharp rebuff from AH:

"Alan Hardy Retweeted steve marshall
    You coming to watch today then? If not, pipe down
    Alan Hardy added,

steve marshall @stema_steve
    Replying to @Bigalanh5
    They didn't have Exeter trying to stop them Alan? Keep it real."

Whenever I watch KN being "dragged" around to interviews such as last night I recall the Jack Dunnett interview in which the great JS politely says "enough chat Mr Chairman, I've got players to train" and can't help feel that is going through KN's mind.

The interview is worth a watch whatever your stance but I just could not imagine JD behaving like AH despite the fact he must have had great pride in what he achieved.

http://www.macearchive.org/films/atv...ingham-central

Let's hope AH hasn't put the kiss of death on this afternoon's result.

I think it's obvious Alan Hardy loves the limelight and sometimes lets his enthusiasm carry him away, but the same instincts and characteristics have enabled him to lead from the front and change the mood and direction of the entire club in a remarkably short space of time. He does seem to be very successful in running his businesses, and that wouldn't be possible unless he had a good relationship with his employees at all levels. Everything he says in public about the people working for him is positive and upbeat, which must make them feel good, and a little bit of confidence and praise can often drive people and organisations a long way. The acid test of a leader is whether they still back their troops when things don't go as well as they predicted, and so far I think AH has shown he's the type who will do that as well, so overall I think he's a massively positive influence and a good chairman/owner.

I can't comment on Jack Dunnett, because that era was before my time, but the consensus seems to be that Dunnett and Sirrell had a very strong working relationship in which each appreciated and understood the other's characteristics. This also seems to apply to the Hardy/Nolan relationship. I can't imagine Kevin Nolan being too unhappy when his owner touts him as a future England manager!

My memories start from the Pavis era, where the rise and fall of the team pretty much mirrored the path of the relationship between Derek Pavis and Neil Warnock, and similarly later between Pavis and Sam Allardyce. Clearly, the strength of that bond, or lack of it, plays a big part in determining the fortunes of a football club.
    Last edited by jackal2; 20-01-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    AH is kicking of again waxing lyrical that we're in for a treat because of last night's indoor training:

"Watched the behind closed-doors training session yesterday ahead of today’s game and WOW!!!! No wonder I couldn’t sleep last night. Is it Christmas Day today? You guys are in for such a treat "

A "Steve Marshall" tries to be a bit more realistic and gets a sharp rebuff from AH:

"Alan Hardy Retweeted steve marshall
    You coming to watch today then? If not, pipe down
    Alan Hardy added,

steve marshall @stema_steve
    Replying to @Bigalanh5
    They didn't have Exeter trying to stop them Alan? Keep it real."

Whenever I watch KN being "dragged" around to interviews such as last night I recall the Jack Dunnett interview in which the great JS politely says "enough chat Mr Chairman, I've got players to train" and can't help feel that is going through KN's mind.

The interview is worth a watch whatever your stance but I just could not imagine JD behaving like AH despite the fact he must have had great pride in what he achieved.

http://www.macearchive.org/films/atv...ingham-central

Let's hope AH hasn't put the kiss of death on this afternoon's result.
    He really should learn not to shoot from the lip.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    He really should learn not to shoot from the lip.
    Personally not too bothered what AH says as long KN never ever gets a Twitter account, which is his stated position. Let Alan stick to the marketing ploys, let Kevin do his talking via the results on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Personally not too bothered what AH says as long KN never ever gets a Twitter account, which is his stated position. Let Alan stick to the marketing ploys, let Kevin do his talking via the results on the pitch.
    Spot on. It's working so far after all!

AH is a spin doctor & it is in whole working for him at the minute.Personally think he is like RT was &, when things go tits up,will throw the toys out the pram.Signs of it on his twitter if you dare to post something he doesn't like

He does not compare to Dunnett in any way shape or form. Dunnett had much more class and was not a frustrated wannabe footballer or manager. I can feel KN cringing every time he is interviewed with AH, he looks uncomfortable. Dunnett didn't need to talk bull ****e in the media to try to make himself look good, he got on with the job and was good at it.

Two completely different characters for two completely different eras, both in the world and in the game. Nowadays we need someone with AH's marketing and promotional nous, regardless of whether everyone 'likes' it. Just look at the numbers, the vibe at the club and so on.

Dunnett was a fabulous servant to this grand old club and, based on just one year so far, Hardy is not doing too badly. Only time will tell.

Sorry guys i could not help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Sorry guys i could not help myself.
    ?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast