+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Exeter City (20/01/18)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Technically, it appears the longer the season goes - the worst we get
    We have a makeshift back four give it a rest

I'd say too many changes in midfield today.

Notts are playing well with the ball on the deck, but we got caught with 2 sucker punches....their number 11 bought a foul on the edge of the box, the Kop went crazy, half cleared the free kick but their guy hammered it low and hard through a crowded box and it went in off the bottom of the post....their 2nd was a high ball out of defence, we were caught 1 on 1 at the back and their number 11 turned the defender and curled the shot into the corner

We have had plenty of good attacks but we cannot find the killer ball into the box.

There are more goals in this game but IMO we need to change things up front and really go for this.....we CAN pull this back

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Notts are playing well with the ball on the deck, but we got caught with 2 sucker punches....their number 11 bought a foul on the edge of the box, the Kop went crazy, half cleared the free kick but their guy hammered it low and hard through a crowded box and it went in off the bottom of the post....their 2nd was a high ball out of defence, we were caught 1 on 1 at the back and their number 11 turned the defender and curled the shot into the corner

We have had plenty of good attacks but we cannot find the killer ball into the box.

There are more goals in this game but IMO we need to change things up front and really go for this.....we CAN pull this back
    Cheers for that Tarqs

Really like the look of the new Mattie lad, some silky touches......Noor looks decent and composed.....Stead is struggling with the high ball, Grant has not really got into the game....Hunt is playing well and looks good going forward.....we just need something to click for us early in the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Cheers for that Tarqs
    Cheers Irish....Exeter look a decent footballing side but 2~0 is a bit flattering to them....we need an early goal now attacking the Kop end to get the crowd going

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The oroblem has nothing to do with up
    front the problem is midfield and the makeshift back four, too many passengers in midfield.

Expect Shola to come in and revert to
    The very effective ‘Hoofball’ as some revert to it.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    I'd say too many changes in midfield today.
    Blooding the new players I suppose. Getting some competitive stuff in before the cup match.

WHat an absolute f00k up. Needed at least one striker and cover at CB in the transfer window and we’ve signed 3 midfielders.

Can easily see this season going tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I wasn’t going to comment but try giving it a rest you talk absolutely ****e, we are second in the league with the second best goal difference, I won’t go to the lengths as Notts 78 said but you are clueless give it a rest, or try going to a game at least

We are also losing 2-0 at home and sadly not playing well again!!!!! - and yes, i would love to attend more games however, living in Portugal makes it expensive. I love Notts and its great that we are in 2nd place in L2 but if we keep playing crap then we will soon be in mid-table. Take off your rose-tinted specs keldsyke and accept the fact that we are not playing well as a unit. I don'r criticise the players just the way they are asked to play.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast