+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Match Thread vs. Exeter City (20/01/18)

Agree with all of the above re team formation yesterday and glaring needs of the team
    Exeter looked what they are, a very solid organised unit who can give any team a very good game.
    They weren't stunning but seemed to be able to play football or go long if required.
    Stockley looked their standout player
    Certainly a wake up call if Notts needed one.

Tiime will tell on the two new lads....

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    For me the game was lost with the team selection if we would have started with Forte (who I don’t rate) along side Stead with Noor on the bench it would have been a completely different game up to the point Ameobi came on.

There’s no need to panic, I think it shows how important to the team Tootle and Duffy are. We need cover at centre half more than ever now, perhaps getting rid of Hollis before we had someone in was a mistake. One things for sure the centre back position is the first place we need to strengthen immediately, as I’ve said before one things for sure we may need to break the bank to get a decent centre half, but for me we sort that and we are bang on to keep the promotion push.
    'If we would have'. WTF? What's wrong with 'If we had...'?

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    Agree with all of the above re team formation yesterday and glaring needs of the team
    Exeter looked what they are, a very solid organised unit who can give any team a very good game.
    They weren't stunning but seemed to be able to play football or go long if required.
    Stockley looked their standout player
    Certainly a wake up call if Notts needed one.

Tiime will tell on the two new lads....
    Just wondering who Forest have available to loan out at centre back? I don’t think Hobbs is getting a look in at the moment?

For what it's worth, their first goal being disallowed might have hugely changed things of course. This is the instant the free kick is hit. 4-5 yards offside IMHO.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  17.8 KB

The marking is phiss poor

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    For what it's worth, their first goal being disallowed might have hugely changed things of course. This is the instant the free kick is hit. 4-5 yards offside IMHO.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  17.8 KB
    I thought it was possibly offside when the guy hit the shot that hit the post as well, but can't tell from the replay. Wasn't a free kick in the first place anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You need to get out more Sid, it's a football message board not an English exam. Everyone doesn't have your superior knowledge of the english language.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Just be thankful it wasn't 'If we would of'..

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Just be thankful it wasn't 'If we would of'..
    Good point. Thank heaven for small mercies

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213