+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MATCH THREAD - Everton v WBA Team News

Settling for draw with those subs

Will only go one way late goal against

So unlucky Rondon...

The amount of work, free kicks, and general wearing out of the defence that Rondon does in a game is phenominal. He deserved that cannon off the cross bar to go in. Bad luck son.

Good effort from the lads. So much talent in that Everton squad. I wouldn't be surprised it that lot cost more than the entire amount Albion have spent in their history. They also had home grown players out there! We just could have done with the 3 points. Man City next, Chelsea looming. It's going to be tough staying up but at least we are in there. All credit to Pardew for that.

It's going to be tough staying up but at least we are in there. All credit to Pardew for that.

I agree Chris, we look a different team since Pulis left, if only he had trusted his players to play football, it may have been a different story. Pardew has got them playing the right way now, and he deserves credit for that, whatever happens from here.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    The amount of work, free kicks, and general wearing out of the defence that Rondon does in a game is phenominal. He deserved that cannon off the cross bar to go in. Bad luck son.
    I know Boingy, but it's always "Aaaagh Rondon almost!" or "Oooooh Rondon nearly!"
    Its the same story from him all the time, you hit the nail on the head, he works his socks off, but his best play is when he's deep, ask him to put it away and he just can't do it, he's just not a predatory finisher.

The bloody annoying thing is, he shows flashes that he COULD do it if his head was on it, but it's simply not seen enough. The team I see now, with a Lukaku, Odemwingie or Phillips etc would comfortably be mid table.
    Last edited by The Minn Junta; 20-01-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Played well today. Excellent goal. Well created by Krycowiak and expertly taken by JRod. First half thought we looked comfortable. Sat back a bit at start of second half but we still looked more threatening than Everton upfront. The bad injury to McArthy changed the game as BS was forced to make changes - theirs was a good goal to be fair. Thereafter there was only one team gonna win it......us! Philips, Rondon both had two good chances to win it...but usual story. Positives: Rondon immense just needs a goal. Krychowiak again quality. Philips was poor first half - started to look like his old self second half. Back four solid again. Ben hardly had a save to make. Noone had a bad game. Have some tough games like City and Chelsea away but have some winnable games at home like Huddersfield, Saints, Burnley etc. Its gonna be close but if we keep playing like that we can survive. Its very tight up to Everton on 28 pts in 9th. COYB.

Cannot join in with the rondon't love in for a £12m transfer fee and £52k a week hard work should be a pre requisite.

Our only hope of turning these draws to wins is if some fritzl type character takes a fancy to him and has room in his cellar for a useless big un, forcing jp junior to put his little hands into his deep pockets.

Apparently rondon't cried today, I can relate to that as I do the same when I see his name on the team-mate.

Ps get well soon 53, I listened to the game on wm too.

Excellent commentary from bomber as usual.

Just got back, people really need to get off Rondon's back he is the best striker we have it's not his fault that the club refuse to pay the going rate for players and he has spent the last 2 years isolated upfront on his own with hardly any chances created for him, like last week he played well today and was part of of a good team performance if he continues to play well we will get enough points to stay up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)