+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City v Toon - Match Thread

City v Toon - Match Thread

That seems fairly attacking, in the sense we have 2 wingers and and an attacker (i know he can't score but still )

Reasonable midfield - apart from Diame but i'm assuming that is because Rafa wants him to use his strength and missing Merino.

Also Ritchie dropped. . . . a few have been calling for that.

Then defence, also not to bad - i'd rather have Yedlin but not to unhappy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

That seems fairly attacking, in the sense we have 2 wingers and and an attacker (i know he can't score but still )

Reasonable midfield - apart from Diame but i'm assuming that is because Rafa wants him to use his strength and missing Merino.

Also Ritchie dropped. . . . a few have been calling for that.

Then defence, also not to bad - i'd rather have Yedlin but not to unhappy with that.
    The Hoss will score our pen..0-1....

2-1 now. . .

Go Murphy.

We can get this back or lose 5-1

Rafa will get crucified again for this, but in reality, we've given them 2 tough games.

Yup, think we actually did ok. . . when we attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Rafa will get crucified again for this, but in reality, we've given them 2 tough games.
    You're having a laugh ........ two tough games my ar@e. Granted we have done better than I thought but to say we have toughed it out with them is a joke.We have predictably been 2nd best by a country mile.
    However having said that,I do think that the actual results (home & away) have not damaged our goal difference too much & should give us confidence against lesser teams.HWTL

Aye thankfully we've only lost 3 on the goal difference in total to City, some teams lose more than that in one game.

Small mercies i guess.

The players worked very hard and Rafa had them well drilled and organised.

Murphy is starting to show what a good player he is.

Don't tell me Pep wasn't a tad worried towards the end there.

Confidence and goal difference intact - Burnley is the big one - they are beatable and 3 points put us back on track.

.. Thought your keeper, Murphy and Shelvey played well. Don't think City got out of second gear and they did not need to .. Not sure what your game plan was mind ..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)