+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

Yep, bit mystified why he booked emmanuel but thought he had a decent game. I would say he was in the top 6 refs we have had this season mind you most of em have been utter wonk.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep, bit mystified why he booked emmanuel but thought he had a decent game. I would say he was in the top 6 refs we have had this season mind you most of em have been utter wonk.
    He overstretched a tackle just before the booking that caught the Pompey player and the ref played on. When play stopped he booked him.

I know Yates doesn't get into the areas we think a forrud should do but the amount of headers he won in front of their defencive line yesterday was impressive. His flick ons and short through balls to Ball is helping the front line to hold the ball up. He is bringing the wide men into play by winning balls and passing it easy to the wide men.

He really was valuable yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I know Yates doesn't get into the areas we think a forrud should do but the amount of headers he won in front of their defencive line yesterday was impressive. His flick ons and short through balls to Ball is helping the front line to hold the ball up. He is bringing the wide men into play by winning balls and passing it easy to the wide men.

He really was valuable yesterday.
    Frog your wasting your time almost everyone on here thinks if we have a player who hasn’t scored or saved something off the line is a crap player who we should get rid of.

You are being silly again Silly

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Frog your wasting your time almost everyone on here thinks if we have a player who hasn’t scored or saved something off the line is a crap player who we should get rid of.
    I maybe have an advantage with being able to watch from higher up than most. Unless he starts scoring goals though i fear he'll slip down the pecking order though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    He overstretched a tackle just before the booking that caught the Pompey player and the ref played on. When play stopped he booked him.
    But ignored when our players were fouled, another one with blinkers
    One of theirs (think it was Hawkins) made three fouls in about 15mins and no booking
    Last edited by millertop; 21-01-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I maybe have an advantage with being able to watch from higher up than most. Unless he starts scoring goals though i fear he'll slip down the pecking order though.
    Maybe but I still think he would make a cracking central midfielder

You may be right but unfortunately I don't think he's going to make it as a striker at this level.
    The team played so much better yesterday when Yates went off and Smith came on

Did he come from Donny?

If so I remember the father of a player said that he left Donny because the club kept on playing him in midfield to get the best for the team. He thought that leaving there would allow him to develop as a forrud. Maybe the people of Donny were right and maybe what you say is right.
    I think with the right training and attitude he could play there.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast