+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

Portsmouth Post Match Thoughts

Well we huffed and we puffed and we finally blew the house down. 1-0 to the Lance Corporal Jones amongst us (Don't panic) v the Private Frazer amongst us (We're doomed. Doomed). Sounds like a good performance and a shame for Mr Jackett

Thoughts?

There wasn't a player that didn't give there all for that win today.

A brilliant display from a few players today. Rodac come of age today, Ajayi is the player we hoped, Forde and emmanual did great throughout the game and Mattock with Williams then Newell upped it and matched them in the second half. Midfielf looked light but they played well enough to link up the creative players. Smith replaced Yates and did excellently with the cross for Mattocks goal. Nice to see Taylor back.

Two good signings and we'll not be far off come May on that display.

I think we still lack something in midfield.

For me we are not creating enough chances for our strikers up front and need that one player to get that ball forward.

A wins a win so it’s all good but I still feel we need something in midfield

Wmotm towell
    Motm Mattock

Can never quite get into those play-off places.

Overall deserved the 3 points as Portsmouth seemed To be content to just sit back and try an attack on the break. Still think the back 4 of ours and real look dodgy as hell. Could do with a creative midfielder & striker. Smith tried when he came on and ball was full of running. Motm for me was forde, excellent crosses, never neshed a challenge and his defensive play helping mattock out was top drawer. Forde & mattock look like a decent little parternship on that side defending & going forward.

Unable to get to the match today. Looked at the match stats though - looks like we dominated the game (possession, shots, corners, etc). We broke them down eventually -great result. Was at the Fratton Park game earlier in the season and nice to see us do the double against one of the more fancied teams.

First half was a bit dire, second half though we dominated enough to deserve the win.

We seemed to be better balanced after the substitutions.

A good 3 points

Apart from Yates & Williams whose no threat on the left rest of the side battled well. It's not midfield It's out wide were we haven't got it right. Do you want grafters or wingers? Looked better when Newell came on. Taylor looks like he's chomping on the bit. Smith start him Tuesday. Pick a side to win the game from the start.

Know I said Newell had gone but I go on the state of play. Today when he came on we looked better on the left.

Magnificent performance for me. Won a lot of 50/50 balls, strung some brilliant passes together. Could have created more chances, but is that the 18th game in a row that we have scored? Vaulks a stand out player for me, in a great team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Magnificent performance for me. Won a lot of 50/50 balls, strung some brilliant passes together. Could have created more chances, but is that the 18th game in a row that we have scored? Vaulks a stand out player for me, in a great team effort.
    I'm with you jocks. Thought it was a brilliant performance by the whole team and I'm a bit surprised by some of the comments.

Very pleased with what I saw from the new guy, Smith. After reading all the negative comments about him when he signed I thought we'd got s right lemming but he didn't put a foot wrong and set up the winner.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast