+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Manager

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Yes lets sack our manager and start all over again.

Fact is this squad isn't good enough and we are overachieving when we are in the playoffs. How about we see what happens when a manager is given time to actually mould a team rather than chopping and changing every time it goes slightly wrong.

Don't see anyone crediting him with changing the system at half time to put us in with a chance and as far as the subs go Lassoga was injured and Roofe said he was exhausted so what is TC supposed to do? Bring on donkey Sacko? Personally thought the subs made sense if they weren't able to stay on. Want someone to blame? Blame Liam Cooper, reckless sending off and before he got sent off he was making mistake after mistake, was a CB performance reminiscent of Sol Bamba when he lost his way completely.
    Often agree with you and don't disagree with most of this either Joel. But watching TC on the YEP after match press conference video, he looks semi-broken.

At one point he says the second half performance was 'amazing'. In his position he can't afford to be amazed by what happens - he needs to control it. But your point about the players at his disposal is right - you have to wonder if Mourinho or Guardiola could get the team to win with the players TC has - but i think they could get the team to have much more discipline and solidity from the start of games. We nearly conceded after 20 seconds yesterday - many times in the first 20 minutes we just weren't at the races and that is down to TC to control our performance and tactics from the start.

I'm not saying he should be sacked - give him the season, because what is someone that we can afford to replace him going to do with what he has available to him? No, i think he should be given 3 quality players in this window - the new left back looks promising, hopefully Forshaw can do the defensive job so glaringly missing yesterday in midfield, and a striker who performs consistently in this division. Maybe we already have two of them, but another couple would be good in certain positions.

Meanwhile, in my opinion, Pablo should be the captain of Leeds United. He's inspirational, incredibly hard-working, and leads this team in adversity. Definition of a captain - and doesn't get sent off every few weeks. You think also about his age and the fact he's just played two games in a week where he led the team with 10 men and played every minute without flagging - and was everywhere on the pitch in both games, defending and attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Often agree with you and don't disagree with most of this either Joel. But watching TC on the YEP after match press conference video, he looks semi-broken.

At one point he says the second half performance was 'amazing'. In his position he can't afford to be amazed by what happens - he needs to control it. But your point about the players at his disposal is right - you have to wonder if Mourinho or Guardiola could get the team to win with the players TC has - but i think they could get the team to have much more discipline and solidity from the start of games. We nearly conceded after 20 seconds yesterday - many times in the first 20 minutes we just weren't at the races and that is down to TC to control our performance and tactics from the start.

I'm not saying he should be sacked - give him the season, because what is someone that we can afford to replace him going to do with what he has available to him? No, i think he should be given 3 quality players in this window - the new left back looks promising, hopefully Forshaw can do the defensive job so glaringly missing yesterday in midfield, and a striker who performs consistently in this division. Maybe we already have two of them, but another couple would be good in certain positions.

Meanwhile, in my opinion, Pablo should be the captain of Leeds United. He's inspirational, incredibly hard-working, and leads this team in adversity. Definition of a captain - and doesn't get sent off every few weeks. You think also about his age and the fact he's just played two games in a week where he led the team with 10 men and played every minute without flagging - and was everywhere on the pitch in both games, defending and attacking.
    Amen to that, especially the latter regarding Hernandez. THAT'S a captain if ever there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    So according to you Tichi you are not allowed to voice opinions or concerns about the team after a game and if you do your fickle?
    Bollox Rev - never said anything about voicing an opinion, simply pointed out that like others have said - we all feel the pain of losing - but some on here regularly make a meal of every bad result posting countless posts saying the same thing over and over again..
    Didn't mention anyone or personally abuse anyone ...but if the cap fits....

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Er - people who expressed the opposite opinion to yours today have been called w ankers, feckers, babies and girls.

So, just saying, is it that it's only ok to argue strongly if you're defending the club and team when they play badly?

If you say what you think and other people don't like it, then you're fair game for abuse. Nice.

I'm getting to the same point as Rev in getting to the point that this forum is a drain on the soul. A forum is supposed to be where people debate stuff - but here, there's only one side of the debate allowed when the name-calling starts. That's a political technique that's been used in different countries down the ages, and even today seems to find a place in some of our systems.

I don't have any problem with other people's views - any of you may well be right - it's a game of opinions. But time and time again people on here who have an opposite view resort to child-like name-calling - it's like a primary school playground. It's interesting that it's fine to be abusive if you're so-called 'optimistic'. Does that represent having a different perspective? Petulantly calling names at people? Sad.
    I find it hard to believe how any of you grown men are so easily offended - tends to confirm my belief that there are a lot of soppy sods on here.[won't call you girls as it upsets too many]
    So it's okay to come on here and lambast the manager and certain players [Everything from disgraceful to cowards] after every defeat? I was at the game yesterday and apart from the result really enjoyed the game it had everything including one of the best atmosphere's I have witnessed in a long time, Then I got home and started reading the matchday thread, and sure a eggs are eggs the usual suspects where all over it [As others pointed out not when we where winning - but after we lost] moaning about everything.

As Joel rightly points out the problems today where caused by Cooper getting himself sent off - and Okane last week- resulting in us fielding an unfit Viera who was culpable for their first two goals IMO - and eventually our running out of steam after two tough game played with ten men.

You lot [You know I mean] need to grow up.

To put some perspective on it all, roofe hit the bar against forest when it was easier to score, that was 2 points lost, O'Kane sent off against Ipswich in a game we would have got at least a point, cooper again sent off and we were drained at the end covering for him in a game we had won, it isn't TC's fault roofe missed, or that O'Kane and cooper lose control, 8 points lost where we would have been 3rd and everyone would be saying how brilliant we've been even without saiz, where again it's not the managers fault he decided to spit at someone.

Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    I find it hard to believe how any of you grown men are so easily offended - tends to confirm my belief that there are a lot of soppy sods on here.[won't call you girls as it upsets too many]
    So it's okay to come on here and lambast the manager and certain players [Everything from disgraceful to cowards] after every defeat? I was at the game yesterday and apart from the result really enjoyed the game it had everything including one of the best atmosphere's I have witnessed in a long time, Then I got home and started reading the matchday thread, and sure a eggs are eggs the usual suspects where all over it [As others pointed out not when we where winning - but after we lost] moaning about everything.

As Joel rightly points out the problems today where caused by Cooper getting himself sent off - and Okane last week- resulting in us fielding an unfit Viera who was culpable for their first two goals IMO - and eventually our running out of steam after two tough game played with ten men.

You lot [You know I mean] need to grow up.
    Lol ok then if growing up means calling people girls, like you did yesterday. Take a look at yourself mate. You're an adult, and you're having a go at other adults because they don't like being called names like children. If you live in a world where it makes you a 'man' to accept abuse, fine, but don't expect everyone else to accept it too.

'Soppy sods'? Seriously? It's like the 1970s again in my primary school in Bramley - it doesn't personally bother me at all being called silly names - what actually irritates me though (you may have noticed) is that this is a forum where adults are supposed to share views and respect those of others AND that we're all Leeds fans. We don't have to agree, but equally we don't have to be disrespectful or abusive. You may mean other people when you comment on some of that in your point, and if i've ever over-stepped the mark and called a player or poster anything abusive, rather than just commented on their perceived performance or attitude, then i shouldn't have - i don't THINK i have.

The irony to this is you do often speak with respect and maturity and have interesting things to say and you don't need to descend to that level of speech.

Recently i've been told i'm threatening, ***ist, a girl, a troll, a w anker - or maybe it was directly more at other people i dunno. I'm quite well aware that i'm none of those things, particularly just because i have a view about football. And whilst it doesn't bother me, at the same time it just undermines the point of the people making it, makes them look smaller than the person they want to belittle, because they can't use better language to make their arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    To put some perspective on it all, roofe hit the bar against forest when it was easier to score, that was 2 points lost, O'Kane sent off against Ipswich in a game we would have got at least a point, cooper again sent off and we were drained at the end covering for him in a game we had won, it isn't TC's fault roofe missed, or that O'Kane and cooper lose control, 8 points lost where we would have been 3rd and everyone would be saying how brilliant we've been even without saiz, where again it's not the managers fault he decided to spit at someone.
    Think the manager has to shoulder some of the blame. Players should be aware of consequences of their actions when red mist descends. Professional footballers should be able to control themselves.......particularly after previous recent sendings off. Players should know the impact their dismissal has in respect of not only that particular game - but subsequent games. If TC hammered the message home firmly, they would think twice and show respect to TC, the Team and the fans. TC does not appear to be strong. They neither fear nor respect him. He hasn't drilled them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Bollox Rev - never said anything about voicing an opinion, simply pointed out that like others have said - we all feel the pain of losing - but some on here regularly make a meal of every bad result posting countless posts saying the same thing over and over again..
    Didn't mention anyone or personally abuse anyone ...but if the cap fits....
    Name:  vintage-pop-art-two-fingers-up-gesture-great-illustration-comic-book-style-gesturing-negative-di.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  47.9 KB

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)