+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Manager

Im happy when we win and express that. Im critical when we get beat and express that too.
    Does that make me fickle or just an ordinary supporter. I dunno.
    Sadly at the minute, theres more to be critical about than there is to be happy about.
    And Rev got his facts right earlier. We should be 6pts better off and in the next round of the cup.
    And yes, anybody can beat anybody in this league. Its just that now, anybody can beat us.
    PUB immediatly.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    voicing opinions is fine but it’s where the poster attacks the person making a different point that gets a little wearisome - I understand others have a different perspectives but that should be create interesting debate not petty conflict #justsaying
    Er - people who expressed the opposite opinion to yours today have been called w ankers, feckers, babies and girls.

So, just saying, is it that it's only ok to argue strongly if you're defending the club and team when they play badly?

If you say what you think and other people don't like it, then you're fair game for abuse. Nice.

I'm getting to the same point as Rev in getting to the point that this forum is a drain on the soul. A forum is supposed to be where people debate stuff - but here, there's only one side of the debate allowed when the name-calling starts. That's a political technique that's been used in different countries down the ages, and even today seems to find a place in some of our systems.

I don't have any problem with other people's views - any of you may well be right - it's a game of opinions. But time and time again people on here who have an opposite view resort to child-like name-calling - it's like a primary school playground. It's interesting that it's fine to be abusive if you're so-called 'optimistic'. Does that represent having a different perspective? Petulantly calling names at people? Sad.
    Last edited by Jezleeds; 20-01-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Tell you what though, it's a good job that that there 'moaning fecker' Tim Berners Lee had had enough of it taking a week to send a letter to America.

Oh and that other 'moaning fecker' Henry Ford - what a 't wat' he was for being sick of horses and carts not being good enough at getting places quickly.

Winston bl eeding Churchill. 'Moaning ar se'. What was he complaining about? The Germans were great in those days - we could've had a lot more fun if they'd come over instead of him thinking he had to argue about it. D ickhead.

That Robert Stevenson too- god he went on and on about having to walk. W anker. He should have just shut up and accepted that the sh it walking was the best he could get, and go and have a pint. We'd all be much better off, right.

Criticial thinking boys. It ain't rocket science - well, actually, it is. It's called having a brain that analyses instead of accepting the status quo is ok and hoping that everything will be ok.

We can all curse and call names, but maybe some of us should have a think and ask whether the Leeds world actually needs to change, or whether it's fantastic as it is and should stay the same. Cos some of you on here seem to think nobody has a right to suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Er - people who expressed the opposite opinion to yours today have been called w ankers, feckers, babies and girls.

So, just saying, is it that it's only ok to argue strongly if you're defending the club and team when they play badly?

If you say what you think and other people don't like it, then you're fair game for abuse. Nice.

I'm getting to the same point as Rev in getting to the point that this forum is a drain on the soul. A forum is supposed to be where people debate stuff - but here, there's only one side of the debate allowed when the name-calling starts. That's a political technique that's been used in different countries down the ages, and even today seems to find a place in some of our systems.

I don't have any problem with other people's views - any of you may well be right - it's a game of opinions. But time and time again people on here who have an opposite view resort to child-like name-calling - it's like a primary school playground. It's interesting that it's fine to be abusive if you're so-called 'optimistic'. Does that represent having a different perspective? Petulantly calling names at people? Sad.
    It's got nothing to do with whether people are allowed to offer differing opinions...which is definitely a prerequisite for these forums. As I've said before, it is the fact that some on here won't in any way accept that their opinion CANNOT be correct, and keep replying and replying...and replying!...to push the point. You may think you are right, but just occasionally say "each to their own" and let it be. That is why it ends up like a fecking school yard spat!

Tell you what though, it's a good job that that there 'moaning fecker' Tim Berners Lee had had enough of it taking a week to send a letter to America.

Oh and that other 'moaning fecker' Henry Ford - what a 't wat' he was for being sick of horses and carts not being good enough at getting places quickly.

Winston bl eeding Churchill. 'Moaning ar se'. What was he complaining about? The Germans were great in those days - we could've had a lot more fun if they'd come over instead of him thinking he had to argue about it. D ickhead.

That Robert Stevenson too- god he went on and on about having to walk. W anker. He should have just shut up and accepted that the sh it walking was the best he could get, and go and have a pint. We'd all be much better off, right.

Criticial thinking boys. It ain't rocket science - well, actually, it is. It's called having a brain that analyses instead of accepting the status quo is ok and hoping that everything will be ok.

We can all curse and call names, but maybe some of us should have a think and ask whether the Leeds world actually needs to change, or whether it's fantastic as it is and should stay the same. Cos some of you on here seem to think nobody has a right to suggest otherwise.
    Like, a lot!

But watch out for those who don't!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Like, a lot!

But watch out for those who don't!
    Don't give a c rap anymore.

It's like the country - one group of people can't see that they do exactly what they criticise other people for doing, but because for some reason they think they are 'right', then the others get attacked just for saying what they think. It's just fascism, but hey, it's ok because we're RIGHT.

We live in a very sad time where you can't have an opinion anymore - unless it fits the 'safe space' cretinous nonsense that means that anyone with an opinion slightly different is WRONG and gets shouted down and abused. The very thing the 'safe space' is meant to protect people from. Lol.

Once everybody stops thinking outside the box, the box is going to get more and more uncomfortable.

Don't give a c rap anymore.

It's like the country - one group of people can't see that they do exactly what they criticise other people for doing, but because for some reason they think they are 'right', then the others get attacked just for saying what they think. It's just fascism, but hey, it's ok because we're RIGHT.

We live in a very sad time where you can't have an opinion anymore - unless it fits the 'safe space' cretinous nonsense that means that anyone with an opinion slightly different is WRONG and gets shouted down and abused. The very thing the 'safe space' is meant to protect people from. Lol.

Once everybody stops thinking outside the box, the box is going to get more and more uncomfortable.

Really can't make out who you think has had a go at you TBH. I think it's safe to say that the negative posters give as good as they get too when it comes to abusing posters for their opinions. Just my opinion mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    It's got nothing to do with whether people are allowed to offer differing opinions...which is definitely a prerequisite for these forums. As I've said before, it is the fact that some on here won't in any way accept that their opinion CANNOT be correct, and keep replying and replying...and replying!...to push the point. You may think you are right, but just occasionally say "each to their own" and let it be. That is why it ends up like a fecking school yard spat!
    Suspect I'm in your crosshairs there Oz. No matter about whether my opinion is correct or not (time will tell), it's more about whether differing opinions are tolerated. Not above doing a bit of name-calling myself, but if anyone had so much time on their hands they could be bothered, I imagine there'd be a LOT more coming my way. I don't give a rat's ar5e, but I can imagine there are those who do.

Fact is Leeds United cannot go on as it has, not if that solid spine of the club, its supporters, are to be retained. Dropping down divisions was almost easier to take than being raped by successive owners who view us as nothing more than cash cows, extracting the maximum revenue whilst investing the bare minimum to keep afloat.

MOT? ALAW? Yeah, as if.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Really can't make out who you think has had a go at you TBH. I think it's safe to say that the negative posters give as good as they get too when it comes to abusing posters for their opinions. Just my opinion mind.
    And your crosshairs too I suspect. If its name calling you refer to, yes I'll join in, but I tend to let others start the ball rolling and I'm seldom disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And your crosshairs too I suspect. If its name calling you refer to, yes I'll join in, but I tend to let others start the ball rolling and I'm seldom disappointed.
    having different opinions is great and what makes things interesting but having a pop at peeps for a different opinion (and that is not aimed at anyone in particular) gets a little tiresome.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)