+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a centre forward..!

Can't say I'm too worried, five of our last eight games have been away, five of the last eight games were against top 5 teams, we've had a shedload of injuries, plus suspension for Tarko to cope with and we've only lost two of the eight by more than one goal. We've picked up three points and lost another three in injury time, it could so easily have been six.

FFS we're not Real Madrid, what were you expecting ?

a winning habitis good to have - a winless run notso good- truth is we need to score goals slinky, where they coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    a winning habitis good to have - a winless run notso good- truth is we need to score goals slinky, where they coming from?
    The fixtures ease off ID, 5 top 5 teams in the last 8 games, but we're almost done with them now, only 2 more to play in the last 14. Hopefully Wood can return, get Lennon in, give the French lad some proper game time and see how it goes.

need s new striker ss well slinky

I'm happy enough with Wood and Barnes ID, problem for me is they don't get much service, it's not as though they're missing them for fun is it, they just don't get many chances to miss. I've no problem with us bringing another striker in, but what's the point if he never sees the ball either.

for sure - when we get the chances, we lack quality - but it would help if we could speed up our game - lift the passing and movement to that next level...make runs, find space and get away from this defensive mentality, as when we move up - and come across a situation that requires us to construct something, we can't find that pass because we're too static...so send the ball back toward our own goal, we do more (or seem too) against the poorer teams in the PL, being that they're in the equally ineffective majority - but against quality, the weakness is obvious, helped today (imho) by a ManU team that needed to do little and knew it - that lift of pace at the beginning of the second half, for 10 minutes United were a different team, and is was brought them the goal...all they needed do was shift up a gear - that being something we could do with - but again - useless if we can't make goals from it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm happy enough with Wood and Barnes ID, problem for me is they don't get much service, it's not as though they're missing them for fun is it, they just don't get many chances to miss. I've no problem with us bringing another striker in, but what's the point if he never sees the ball either.
    I'm happy with Barnes, he's a warrior. Less so with Wood, he's a wuss.

I would love us to offload Wells and Vokes and bring in a proven goal scorer. We simply are not hitting the back of the onion bag enough. Ings?

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoore View Post
    Has Wells ever started a game? Most of our players are only Championship material.Time to ship some of them out.
    Most of our players are only Championship material? Which ones please and if that is the case why aren’t we in the Championship?

Realistically, which proven Prem goal scorer could we get in?

We were excellent yesterday and Barnes worked his socks off, but the United central defenders were in control of everything we threw at them (as were our central defenders).

I agree that we missed a presence up front - we are really missing Wood. Does anyone know exactly what his injury is, and how long he will be out?

The first goal in a match is always crucial for us and we haven't been getting it recently.

We were very unlucky in the last 30 minutes...I always think that we should start a match as if we are a goal down and get at them - like we did towards the end of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Most of our players are only Championship material? Which ones please and if that is the case why aren’t we in the Championship?
    Championship material:Hendricks,Arfield,Wood,Vokes, and Brady.As for getting Ings back,he has had two serious injuries. No point in walking backwards into the future.We have a defensive minded manager,the Proudest man in Proudsville may soon be getting a transfer
    to Bulletsville, if results carry on as they are.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)