+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: We need a centre forward..!

As always, if the right player is available at the right price then we should buy him. But this goes for every position.

Realistically, who should we be targeting? No one has suggested a name yet. To buy a proven Prem scorer is beyond our budget.

We have Barnes and Vokes, both who we know very well.

We have Wood, who was doing fine before his injury.

We have Wells, who has hardly played since his injury, so let's give him a chance. Sean has seen something in him.

We have Walters who has had a couple of unfortunate injuries.

So WHO shall we buy?

I disagree with Sinkov - I think if we NEED a new player, any position, then now is the ideal time to buy him.
    They would have the rest of the season to bed in and be ready to go from the start next season.

I think we need another top quality centre half.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    As always, if the right player is available at the right price then we should buy him. But this goes for every position.

Realistically, who should we be targeting? No one has suggested a name yet. To buy a proven Prem scorer is beyond our budget.

We have Barnes and Vokes, both who we know very well.

We have Wood, who was doing fine before his injury.

We have Wells, who has hardly played since his injury, so let's give him a chance. Sean has seen something in him.

We have Walters who has had a couple of unfortunate injuries.

So WHO shall we buy?

I disagree with Sinkov - I think if we NEED a new player, any position, then now is the ideal time to buy him.
    They would have the rest of the season to bed in and be ready to go from the start next season.

I think we need another top quality centre half.
    and who do you have in mind ?

Danny Ings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Danny Ings.
    I was asking 59-60 which CH he had in mind

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Hasnt worked with Wells ....
    To be fair he has not been given much of a chance.I cannot remember him playing more than 20 minutes in a PL match.

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    I was asking 59-60 which CH he had in mind
    Worrall at Forest IDWT.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Worrall at Forest IDWT.
    I prefer that American guy who wiped the floor with Arsenal.....

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    To be fair he has not been given much of a chance.I cannot remember him playing more than 20 minutes in a PL match.
    Maybe there's a reason for that....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)