+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: We need a centre forward..!

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    we are ahead slinky because of our great first half of the season but leicester who were points behind us have now overtaken us - on a long winless run, no win in 2018 and no goals in last 2 games- we cant rely on what we done in 2017 and need to take action to turn
    it around- ww got one in but Lennon is not over the line yet and we need a goalscorer in
    PDQ!!!!- simple as that
    IDWT , I think the forward situation is there for all to see but the rest of the posts on here are where we let our imaginations run away with us, I speak to people who now believe we should be in the top 6 as a norm which if we all just take a step back to the beginning of the season we would have been happy at 6th from bottom.

Some need to grasp reality and realise to compete with the top 6 you need to spend money on better players and invest heavily, we simply aren't that club.

We are a decent side in a very good league and I'm confident we'll get the points on the board to calm people down,
    Let's enjoy the games but not get too wrapped up in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    IDWT , I think the forward situation is there for all to see but the rest of the posts on here are where we let our imaginations run away with us, I speak to people who now believe we should be in the top 6 as a norm which if we all just take a step back to the beginning of the season we would have been happy at 6th from bottom.

Some need to grasp reality and realise to compete with the top 6 you need to spend money on better players and invest heavily, we simply aren't that club.

We are a decent side in a very good league and I'm confident we'll get the points on the board to calm people down,
    Let's enjoy the games but not get too wrapped up in Europe.
    the brief flirtation with the top 4 was nice while it lasted 24 hours but realistically we should do enough to stay in the PL- fact is we just dont score enough goals and have got money to get a goalscorer or 2 in- no room for sentilmemtality if we have to move some on

I'm in agreement with that , I think wood will score goals, enough I don't know ?

Our problem lies with which forward who knows where the net is do you buy , as if he can score goals for fun he's not in our budget -- and after that it's a game of chance just like our position now.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I'm in agreement with that , I think wood will score goals, enough I don't know ?

Our problem lies with which forward who knows where the net is do you buy , as if he can score goals for fun he's not in our budget -- and after that it's a game of chance just like our position now.
    Wells and walters should go - then SD can draft in some surprises

While I agree on Walters I think Wells could come good although never really prolific he has been a pretty consistent double figures striker in the Championship so should be able to chip in with 5 or 6 what could be ***** goals, its pretty obvious Vokes and Wood won't be getting goals regular so why not throw him in with Barnes and go for power and pace or drop Barnes into Hendricks role as at the minute I would say Hendrick is the weak link going forward. He is pants just behind a lone striker he offers nothing in the way of an attacking threat and does nothing to stop the counter attack when we are pushing teams back.

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    we are ahead slinky because of our great first half of the season but leicester who were points behind us have now overtaken us - on a long winless run, no win in 2018 and no goals in last 2 games- we cant rely on what we done in 2017 and need to take action to turn
    it around- ww got one in but Lennon is not over the line yet and we need a goalscorer in
    PDQ!!!!- simple as that
    One big problem for our strikers imo ID, is that we are happy to let the opposition have the ball and we spend long periods defending. Chances for our strikers are few and far between, they don't score many not only because they may well not be quite PL class, but mainly because they are not playing in a team designed to attack and be free scoring, just the opposite in fact.

We have Wood to come back, Nkoudou to bed in, Lennon hopefully, and then the fixtures get easier, much easier. We're perfectly safe this season, there are no strikers on the market in January that can be guaranteed to score goals in a set up as defensive as ours, and if there were we wouldn't be able to afford them. So no need to panic and buy another mediocre striker for the sake of it, we're in the PL again next season, we have no chance of the Europa League, we're out of the Cups, so in effect nothing to play for except a bit more place money, wait until summer and re-assess then is the best option imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    One big problem for our strikers imo ID, is that we are happy to let the opposition have the ball and we spend long periods defending. Chances for our strikers are few and far between, they don't score many not only because they may well not be quite PL class, but mainly because they are not playing in a team designed to attack and be free scoring, just the opposite in fact.

We have Wood to come back, Nkoudou to bed in, Lennon hopefully, and then the fixtures get easier, much easier. We're perfectly safe this season, there are no strikers on the market in January that can be guaranteed to score goals in a set up as defensive as ours, and if there were we wouldn't be able to afford them. So no need to panic and buy another mediocre striker for the sake of it, we're in the PL again next season, we have no chance of the Europa League, we're out of the Cups, so in effect nothing to play for except a bit more place money, wait until summer and re-assess then is the best option imo.
    We still need a centre forward.

We cannot afford a proven PL goal scorer and if we could we would not be able to pay his wages-simple as that.Therefore we have to try players from lower leagues without PL experience.It has worked so far.For me Hendrick is the weak link.

We lost those points because of a school boy error in defence ,namely Martial was given yards to work in.That should never have been! For 80 mins they could not brake us down! Had we not lost concentration it could have ended 0-0?

I also watched Spurs , 1-1 ,they had Kane and co,yet could not break down lowly Southampton?

City v Castle 1-0 at half time and look at their talent? Kevin de Bruyne and Leroy Sane have each provided 10 assists in the Premier League this season - a joint-high.

Lets try to get those passes through ,which even dummies should score ,then look at what forwards we have !

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    We cannot afford a proven PL goal scorer and if we could we would not be able to pay his wages-simple as that.Therefore we have to try players from lower leagues without PL experience.It has worked so far.For me Hendrick is the weak link.
    Hasnt worked with Wells ....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)