+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 wins in a row

5 wins in a row

And Hogan finding his scoring boots! Excellent win today and the automatic spot is edging closer and closer. Great to see! Did anyone go today? How did we play?

I didn't see it. let's hope Cardiff slip up.

Didn’t get over Sam, but caught a Russian stream, fck, hope me malware is working ok.
    Excellent 1st half with only SJ’s fear of crosses in his 6yd box making it a tad ugly.
    A little flat 2nd half, Hogan unlucky (woodwork) not to get hatrick. They had 2 chances late on which would’ve been very cruel but then again we should’ve been outa sight by then, so they can’t point to their missed chances robbing them a share of the points.
    Seemed to be a reasonable crowd, not seen official attendance, sounded ok tho.
    Chuffed for Hogan and Birkir, thought Jack was excellent at times, seems to be bringing consistency to his game.
    Noticed a real change in style of play since xmas, less hoof, effective, chance creating, pro-active play. We look very decent, to quote the manager.
    Hope we make it 5 in a row at the blades in 10 days time.

Agree with that from what I saw and heard. Still think this is Steve Agnew's doing. Props for Bruce in bringing him in, but from Hogan's words and form this is telling that Agnew is the man here.

Aggravated by the friggin' ref at the end. First where did he find four minutes of injury time? Then he seemed to extend it out to 6 minutes. Finally, he gives us a free kick in the area after Terry is fouled and hurt (after the game should have been called) and he allows Terry a good fif**** seconds to get himself up. He then allows Johnstone to throw the ball down and stand there for 8-10 seconds before running up and kicking the ball downfield and the immediately calls it! Just call it after you awarded the free kick you idiot!

Really positive at moment for a change.. really like hogan and like he said after the game sat hopefully this is his time ?

Definitely got a good chance for second eh

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    Really positive at moment for a change.. really like hogan and like he said after the game sat hopefully this is his time ?

Definitely got a good chance for second eh
    Lets not get too carried away! We've done really well and put ourselves in with a chance as quoted by SB but its getting close to clench bum time which means so slip ups, I don't mean we have to win every game but a draw at Sheff utd next week and a resounding victory over sorry looking Burton and we go in to the game with the Noses in good health, we could be in 2nd place with a win over the blousers and putting them bottom, a true Carlsberg night. By the way, the game is a full sell out : 42,500 should be a great atmos down the church and a couple from Hogan will make him a local Hero and also make him realize what a big club he has joined.

Bongo, Not a Gabby in sight!!!

Gabby will play the last 15 TD, clear one off the line and go up the other end to bag the winner

By the way. Was the title a prediction of the next game? I'm sure we've only won 4 league games in a row.

The title was a prediction *lying thru my teeth* I thought we had done 5 in a row. Tonight however, I'd love a win but can only see a draw based on the forms of us and Sheffield

Possible 2nd place spot this weekend if results go our way. I think the quality of the squad is starting too be fit us. We did all this without last seasons best players in Kodjia and Jedi. Hogan hitting form is a huge boost, Grealish, Birkir, Terry are like new signings.
    Keep it up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)