+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Animal...

FAO Animal...

How does the democratic republic of Athersley defend that debacle? Baring in mind your whole argument was based on such a stoic rear guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    How does the democratic republic of Athersley defend that debacle? Baring in mind your whole argument was based on such a stoic rear guard.
    Athersley ??

Two varying versions on how we set up steve , one is that we played with 3 centre backs and two wing backs and the other is that it was a flat back four with McCarthy anchoring the midfield .

Once I can establish our formation I'll get back to you mate .

I've read a number of opinions on the match and they all but one seem to confirm Hecky changed from our normal back four to whatever it was .

A back four that's look solid and had us keeping 4 clean sheets out of the last 6 games prior to today .

I would have thought given the difficulty of today's game it wasn't particularly smart to start fecking around when at least in the defensive department we are fairly sound .

Clearly he's looked at the midfield situation and it's had an effect on his thinking .

Yes he's lost Isgrove to injury and Williams is suspended but he's allowed a couple of midfielders to leave the club too without gaining the necessary replacements .

He's over thought this one to me and it's difficult to defend him , dropped a b@llack .

It was mentioned earlier this season by a poster on here suggesting a 3/5 man defence , I said then it's mightily difficult thing to put into place with inexperienced young players , who stays , who marks , getting a cohesive line , it didn't take long today for that to be the case and Hecky should have known it takes more than 4 sessions on the training field to be comfortable enough and throw it into an away game at high flying Aston Villa .

Not one of Hecky's better days to say the least .

Top man Animal

The rest of the window and the games in February will in my opinion decide our fate .

We won't be relegated in February of course but we will look back if it does happen and perhaps say that was the month that did us .

Everything to play for and firmly in our own hands .

Something is not sitting right with me regarding the HC and the recruitment team - process .

That new contract remains unsigned too , sat on his desk a few weeks nar .

Animal is it 3pts or 4pts on the prediction league for correct score ... minds gone blank

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Animal is it 3pts or 4pts on the prediction league for correct score ... minds gone blank
    It's 4 mate , congrats btw .

:-) :-)

Cheers pal , didn’t know if it was wishful thinking , got memory fade

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The rest of the window and the games in February will in my opinion decide our fate .

We won't be relegated in February of course but we will look back if it does happen and perhaps say that was the month that did us .

Everything to play for and firmly in our own hands .

Something is not sitting right with me regarding the HC and the recruitment team - process .

That new contract remains unsigned too , sat on his desk a few weeks nar .
    Ive said before there is a problem , and I've also said on many ooccasions that Hecky needs some help , it will all come to the Boil soon if things aren't sorted quickly , The new board need to listen to what the HC needs, and try to work in harmony with each other , from the outside it must look a real shambles , signing players that aren't ever going to feature etc , Cummon thort we were better than that , get your act together !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Ive said before there is a problem , and I've also said on many ooccasions that Hecky needs some help , it will all come to the Boil soon if things aren't sorted quickly , The new board need to listen to what the HC needs, and try to work in harmony with each other , from the outside it must look a real shambles , signing players that aren't ever going to feature etc , Cummon thort we were better than that , get your act together !!
    A lot smoother back in the day when Rimmo and Eric were kicking around the place , two good lads who knew the game inside out and could give sound advice out to a young manager or player .

I don't know about this spreadsheet game , it's pulled some good lads in but tha could easily point to some who aren't good enough as well .

Tha reight though , nobody seems to be working together , we should have players in nar if we have let some go out , barmy to me .

We niver seem to get this transfer window reight and we all know it's the same time each year and yet we always seem to tow .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast