+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bright Spots on a dissapointing day

Bright Spots on a dissapointing day

Firstly, the team gave it a helluva go today and we deserved at the very least a draw. Rooney had a magnificent game . So strong and powerful , please Naysmith, when everyone is fit again, find a starting place in the team for him . You quite often leave him out when you have options but I would have his energy in the side every week. Think I will have nightmares tonight about his header just flashing wide of the post ----------- The much maligned Dykes burst a gut today and why can't we give the lad balls in front of him to run onto instead of whacking long,high missiles at him ? He is much more suited to this kind of service ----------Ferguson understandibly tired but I thought he had a great game . Lovely touches for a big man and had presence as well . If we can just get him fitter, then there is a good centre forward there. Reminded me a bit of Stewart Cochrane and I hope we persevere with him and are patient because the potential is obvious ------Bit dissapointed in Beerman. While he looked nifty enough, he was slack with a lot of passing today.------ Fordyce was predictably well short of match sharpness but it's great to see him back .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 20-01-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Firstly, the team gave it a helluva go today and we deserved at the very least a draw. Rooney had a magnificent game . So strong and powerful , please Naysmith, when everyone is fit again, find a starting place in the team for him . You quite often leave him out when you have options but I would have his energy in the side every week. Think I will have nightmares tonight about his header just flashing wide of the post ----------- The much maligned Dykes burst a gut today and why can't we give the lad balls in front of him to run onto instead of whacking long,high missiles at him ? He is much more suited to this kind of service ----------Ferguson understandibly tired but I thought he had a great game . Lovely touches for a big man and had presence as well . If we can just get him fitter, then there is a good centre forward there. Reminded me a bit of Stewart Cochrane and I hope we persevere with him and are patient because the potential is obvious ------Bit dissapointed in Beerman. While he looked nifty enough, he was slack with a lot of passing today.------ Fordyce was predictably well short of match sharpness but it's great to see him back .
    A good summing up Hammer - the much criticised big Aussie had imo the best game I have ever seen him play - Mickey Rooney had a great game and Ferguson as you say had some nice touches but for a young lad looks well overweight and devo needs to get fitter and faster - however well done Queens you gave it a real go today.

Many positives to take from today's game with the youngsters looking to have a bright future. Thought Ferguson had a really good game running into the channels, holding the ball up well as well as showing a good turn of speed. Took his goal really well before tiring but put in a great shift. Rooney great bursting forward and only lacked support on a couple of those runs but does get caught out defensively. Fordyce I thought was not fully fit and had been rushed back for the game because of circumstances. Very good overall performance and were unlucky to end up on the losing side with the only negative was not pushing on after we had got our equalising goal but this was perhaps a result of the inexperience of the team on the day. Good effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Many positives to take from today's game with the youngsters looking to have a bright future. Thought Ferguson had a really good game running into the channels, holding the ball up well as well as showing a good turn of speed. Took his goal really well before tiring but put in a great shift. Rooney great bursting forward and only lacked support on a couple of those runs but does get caught out defensively. Fordyce I thought was not fully fit and had been rushed back for the game because of circumstances. Very good overall performance and were unlucky to end up on the losing side with the only negative was not pushing on after we had got our equalising goal but this was perhaps a result of the inexperience of the team on the day. Good effort!
    Spike you say Fergie took his goal well but the official site disagrees as they say - he was tackled by big Martin Keown's son and the ball hit him and looped into the net luck, fluke who knows but they all count.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Spike you say Fergie took his goal well but the official site disagrees as they say - he was tackled by big Martin Keown's son and the ball hit him and looped into the net luck, fluke who knows but they all count.
    Yes having now seen the goal there is quite a bit of luck about it but give the lad credit for the run that created it in the first place. It did look a bit strange at the time just how the ball ended up in the back of the net and his coyness in the after match interview was a bit of a give away. He came across very impressively in that interview for a young man having just made his first start for the club and "scoring" his first goal.

A mate of mine that only goes to Palmerston occasionaly text me today saying that Rooney is very hard to stop when running full pelt. He couldn't believe it when I replied that he would probably be on the bench if Naysmith had others available.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)