+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes a supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    At first glance i read "salted camel liquor".
    For the record i know heaps of "dandies" who never set foot in Pittodrie or away games. They live in town or the shire and make absolutley no effort to go. But will text about Hampdung if we get there. W@nks and cant be classed as supporters in my eyes.
    Got a bit carried away at the deli on the way home from work

Yeah surely these macky on fans are more of a problem to attendance figures than prices, weather, atmosphere etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If Aberdeen FC had handled the Hun thing better, idve bought a season ticket whether I used it or not.

As it stands, the club are selling tickets to watch a team in a rigged set up. Worse than that, not only are they happy with it, they actively encourage it.
    Nobody is questioning your commitment to the cause mason. You should get 140 honorary loyalty points just for services to afc forums alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If Aberdeen FC had handled the Hun thing better, idve bought a season ticket whether I used it or not.

As it stands, the club are selling tickets to watch a team in a rigged set up. Worse than that, not only are they happy with it, they actively encourage it.
    Yep, the club leader certainly doesn’t cover himself in glory a lot of times.
    I had a season ticket for years and hardly missed a match. Nowadays I miss far too many matches. My dislike of not being competitive enough under Del’s team makes me finding not going easier to handle. Maybe I am a grumpy git as I get older and expect more than what I witness at times.
    I love going to matches though and admit I miss not seeing the matches I don’t get to.

Supporter/follower/armchair fan. There’s a fine line between all. People like us who spout pi$h on the forums clearly feel more passionate than most.

Our average attendance so far this season is probably as high as it has ever been (some sad statto will correct me) and we are playing turgid fitba.

Some people are diehards and will follow AFC come hell or high water. Some would like to but either finances, other commitments or logistics mean they cannot; these people are no less “supporters” than me.

I am proud to be a Dandy. Love following AFC Home and away. A lot of my mates (probably the same with everyone here) follow the Dons but never really go to Pittodrie. I would love if Pittodrie was full every game with a great atmosphere; but it didn’t happen in my heyday (born in ‘65) and it ain’t going to happen now.

For me, I am proud my 16 year old loon goes home and away with the same passion as me. My legacy will live in for at least one more generation.

I think you underestimate where alot of our fans come from,i know from personal expereince that alot of dons fans come from north of inverness,even orkney,there's a pretty even split among dons,h*ns and t*ms fans up north and alot of those fans have to pick and choose what games they go to so more often than not they will choose the 'big' games and make a weekend of it by staying down in the big city,a home game for some of those fans if they travel down and back in the same day is a 13-14 hr day with travelling etc

I haven't been to a game since 1995 for various reasons

- Scottish football is as bent as a 3 pound note
    - Ticket prices are a rip off
    - We've been **** for most of that time
    - Can't really be bothered going

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    I think you underestimate where alot of our fans come from,i know from personal expereince that alot of dons fans come from north of inverness,even orkney,there's a pretty even split among dons,h*ns and t*ms fans up north and alot of those fans have to pick and choose what games they go to so more often than not they will choose the 'big' games and make a weekend of it by staying down in the big city,a home game for some of those fans if they travel down and back in the same day is a 13-14 hr day with travelling etc
    agreed been there and done that.

I'd be there all the time if I lived in the area but having lived in Caithness, Febland (still made at least 7-10 games a season) and now in Fife its no easy. Does not diminish my support one iota. Plus I have watched some ****e in the 90s and 1st decade of this century.

For me it’s always been that fans follow (have an interest in) the team, supporters go along and support.
    Of course, situations like Pac-Man would mean he is still a supporter as he’s putting his money into the club.

I’m a supporter, but there may be a time as my kids grow older that life choices mean I can’t support the club as I do now and become more of a fan.

In essence we are all fan’s, but supporters are by definition those that help support the club (financially)

No right or wrong and will fluctuate through life.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    not being competitive enough under Del’s team
    I don’t understand this.
    Under Del, we have won a cup and consistently competed better in the league, backed up statistically.
    Last year we competed in two cup finals.
    We certainly compete under DM.

You may expect more, but in our long history, only the glory years in the 80’s have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    agreed been there and done that.

I'd be there all the time if I lived in the area but having lived in Caithness, Febland (still made at least 7-10 games a season) and now in Fife its no easy. Does not diminish my support one iota. Plus I have watched some ****e in the 90s and 1st decade of this century.
    I may have been on the old caithness buses with you at one time or another,as you will know there are alot of dons fans up north but making games regularly isnt easy

Aberdeens core support lives outside the city. The fans in the city are the worst, wont turn out if its cold or raining. Meanwhile, coaches roll in from all parts of Scotland and fans like them make a massive commitment in time and financial outlay to support the Dons. They are real fans the backbone of the club. I appreciate for work and family commitments not even the most ardent Dons supporters cannot make games and the cost is outrageous.

Every club has glory hunters we are not alone, Celtic brag about being a big support, strangley enought 25, 000 of them failed to turn up at Parkhead, huge show of non support cannot be arsed mentality

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast