+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes a supporter?

Did Big Colin sport a ‘tache?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I must defo know you.
    I was the pick up at Sureclean Alness.
    6 4, bald......known as Courty.
    Nah sorry,i was usually blootered as well ��

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Did Big Colin sport a ‘tache?
    I think he did for a while, he was head of the supporter's group for a while, but that's going back a few years.

I'm trying to mind his second name.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Nah sorry,i was usually blootered as well ��
    Used to amaze me, I'd be half awake picked up about 730, I'd jump on the bus and you c u n t s would be shapeless!

Dog's abuse off Henny for five minutes then the Skiach for a brekkie.

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think he did for a while, he was head of the supporter's group for a while, but that's going back a few years.

I'm trying to mind his second name.
    One of those faces you always used to see, along with the two double denim boys & the wee ginger guy who always looked like he’d been battered the night before.

I know oe of the double denim boys quite well, the smaller of the two.
    Used to drink with him in the bowling club off School Road pre home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Personally, all this "part-time supporter" bollox has never bothered me. Anyone who has ever worn an Aberdeen scarf or got a surge of adrenaline in anticipation of an Aberdeen score is a "supporter" or "fan" to me. To "support", "follow", "love" Aberdeen is an ethereal partnership you make with the club. The first time I walked up the steps of Section D of the Main Stand with my Dad and Uncle to watch the Dryborough Cup Final in 1971 was the moment I formed my bond with the club. Other people have their own story of why they "side" with the Dons - the fact they do is good enough for me ....

In any case, I was at Pittodrie yesterday and know that I am a #TopRed
    I pretty much agree with your definition of a supporter , I am now in my 50th year of attending Pittodrie .That programme cover yesterday gave me a chuckle as I remember disappearing down in front of scoreboard to fill in half time scores to back of programme and by the time I got back to Dad ,granda,uncles the scores were well out of date. No one seemed to have a transistor radio in the crowd back then which seems strange but then I have no idea if football halftime scores were actually broadcast at the time

The only Colin I ken that's over 6'6" is Colin Massie, but he's fae the toon.

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    I pretty much agree with your definition of a supporter , I am now in my 50th year of attending Pittodrie .That programme cover yesterday gave me a chuckle as I remember disappearing down in front of scoreboard to fill in half time scores to back of programme and by the time I got back to Dad ,granda,uncles the scores were well out of date. No one seemed to have a transistor radio in the crowd back then which seems strange but then I have no idea if football halftime scores were actually broadcast at the time
    I am also in my 50th year of supporting the Dons, seem to remember following anybody who had a transistor radio glued to their ear

Did the live game on the radio not start until 10 minutes into the second half?

Which was ok because it was usually the game from Parkhead / Ibrox and if they weren't winning the game would go on an extra 10 minutes anyway.

I was quite often in King Street before the inevitable equaliser/ winner.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 21-01-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast