+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: What makes a supporter?

I'm traumatised by the thought that I could be sitting next to someone who fancies girls when I go to the football and not even know it.

F'uckin youngsters nowadays, I despair sometimes.

I thought having a few beers before posting on here was compulsory.

The double denim guy we know as heavy metal mannie with long hair I believe is from Fife, from a previous thread on here. See him at every away game and he had an ST near us in Mainer.

Me and my bro had a beer in Munich with the double denim dude. Fine mannie. (Aye the double denim guy and nae my bro, hes an assclown)

I think the specific problem with the crowd on Saturday was the kick off time. Compounded by the fact it was a lower league team (albeit a decent one), early round of the cup and no ticket incentives.

Now that my eldest kid is approaching 5 I've started to notice how everything for kids is geared up to take place on a Saturday morning - swimming lessons, fitba coaching/matches, etc. One of my kid's pals had a birthday party at a soft play that was at 10 till 12, and his own party in a few weeks is the same, which meant he missed his paid-up swimming lesson - and the fitba.

I've got the feeling that all these things are like this because if they were at 3pm on a Saturday they would lose out as people would take their kids to the fitba. The problem is that when the fitba gets changed to an early KO folk will sacrifice going to Pittodrie to keep up the lessons or fitiver. Just look at how empty the Merkland end was on Saturday. If it had been a 3pm KO I'd have been there with the wife and both kids, but we couldn't make it for 12:15
    Last edited by ILikeJam; 23-01-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Aye but nobody cares about you, do they?
    Not when there's TV money at stake.

I mean what's the difference if your kids grow up as Dons fans that go to the game or just folk that like fitba and are prepared to spend their money with Sky?

All the same really.

In fact it's probably "safer" if they just contribute to the TV money rather than grow into ****agers that might behave badly at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The cup final conga summed the feeling up. My non Aberdeen supporting mates were impressed and confused by it. Unpredictability is sometimes a great thing.
    A lot of you boys are younger than me and I am accused of being a kill joy but that sort of crap had me foaming at the mouth utterly embarrassing and showed how far our team had fallen at that stage. A feckin laughing stock !

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Speaking of you being a Fifer. I'm heading down to lino city for Raith v Albion on the 6th of Feb. Fancy a beer and conversations on Cryptic Slaughter, how Megadeth never put on a bad show and how German thrash metal is better than Bay Area thrash metal
    FFS what ye gaun tae watch those fuds fir?

Starks has an atmosphere like the moon its a soulless ****hole.

Plus I reckon they're plastic jambos to boot

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    I may have been on the old caithness buses with you at one time or another,as you will know there are alot of dons fans up north but making games regularly isnt easy
    Mair than likely I'd watch any game I could get awf my work fir so I'd put some zlotys on hid

Were u on the Wick bus that stopped at everybodies hoose so by the time it crawled into Trumpton and poured everybody awf at the toons clock the boozers were all shut except the lock ins at the Santa Clara ****ing epic days and epic sessions fck knows how my liver is still going

The Watten bus was a good crew tae some top lads there and Skiach hell I mind them going mental at us fir turning up at 7am and the place was deserted and the dame have a row with the Hen that we should've arranged in advance only fir the Pentlands maestro tae say dae ye want business or nae? Fcking class
    Last edited by vasilyrats86; 25-01-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post

The Watten bus was a good crew tae some top lads there and Skiach hell I mind them going mental at us fir turning up at 7am and the place was deserted and the dame have a row with the Hen that we should've arranged in advance only fir the Pentlands maestro tae say dae ye want business or nae? Fcking class
    Were you there the day, pre-Jooooot away, in the centenary when Henny decided, in a state of "strong drink taken", to get on the heid of a table to conduct the singing?

Tom Daly has faaaaark all to worry about.......

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast