+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes a supporter?

What makes a supporter?

I was reading the cup thread and obviously a lot of people mentioning the poor crowd. Got me thinking why people really don't turn up to support the team they claim to follow.

It's not a go at anyone in particular but just a basic observation.

Over the years I would say I have worked with about 7 or 8 'dandies' but none of them ever go to games. All of them have lived in the city or suburbs so really don't have an excuse. I suppose I should have asked them. They keep up with the dons gossip, like it when we get a win but never part with their hard earned to attend a match.

So are they dons supporters? Sh*t atmosphere, tickets too pricey or really just can't be arsed?

140 points

140 points doesn't even get you a set of steak knifes these days.

Im gutted i miss so much due to work. But i dont have a choice so canna bump my gums too much

Speaking of the crowds, the Maddison goal sevco game is a prime example of our support. It was sold out but St Johnstone in the cup 3 days before had between 8 and 9k. But its just the norm. Our core supports nae huge and there are big game charlies galore. Its just how we are supported and ive never know different in all my days

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Winna get you into Ibrox i dont think

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im gutted i miss so much due to work. But i dont have a choice so canna bump my gums too much

Speaking of the crowds, the Maddison goal sevco game is a prime example of our support. It was sold out but St Johnstone in the cup 3 days before had between 8 and 9k. But its just the norm. Our core supports nae huge and there are big game charlies galore. Its just how we are supported and ive never know different in all my days
    Aye the difference is no one can deny you are a big dons fan. When you ain't working you go to the games. There's something putting a lot of people off though and I don't think it's as simple an explanation as ticket prices etc. Granted I do hear a lot of people say they aren't going 'cos it's on the telly' but it's always from people who wouldn't be going anyway. Anyway I'm rambling. Away to pour myself a salted caramel liqueur.

The poor crowds are mainly down to Pittodrie,it’s affa cal doon there next to the North Sea.

Once we move to the warmer climate of west hill there will be 20k every week

If Aberdeen FC had handled the Hun thing better, idve bought a season ticket whether I used it or not.

As it stands, the club are selling tickets to watch a team in a rigged set up. Worse than that, not only are they happy with it, they actively encourage it.

Aye the difference is no one can deny you are a big dons fan. When you ain't working you go to the games. There's something putting a lot of people off though and I don't think it's as simple an explanation as ticket prices etc. Granted I do hear a lot of people say they aren't going 'cos it's on the telly' but it's always from people who wouldn't be going anyway. Anyway I'm rambling. Away to pour myself a salted caramel liqueur.
    At first glance i read "salted camel liquor". I was intrigued. (booze is another thing i miss in my month away)

Do you remember our crowd fluctuations ever not happening as i cant in 28 years. Its just the norm. Sad but true. It wont change whether at Pittodrie, Westhill or wherever.

For the record i know heaps of "dandies" who never set foot in Pittodrie or away games. They live in town or the shire and make absolutley no effort to go. But will text about Hampdung if we get there. W@nks and cant be classed as supporters in my eyes.

What about Embassy Coupon points?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast