+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Ibrox on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Bullsh@t bingo
    Absolutely sick of clichéd platitudes from the players.
    They spout the same sh1te after every big game let down.
    ...yet in the next big game, they let us down.... in the same way as the last time.

maybe it's nothing to do with mentality, maybe it's just down to a lot of them being purely not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Absolutely sick of clichéd platitudes from the players.
    They spout the same sh1te after every big game let down.
    ...yet in the next big game, they let us down.... in the same way as the last time.

maybe it's nothing to do with mentality, maybe it's just down to a lot of them being purely not good enough.
    To be fair, AfcMad1903 probably likes the statement. That's who it's aimed at.

Shinnie is a good player, he's hard not to like but he does have to do too much or wants to do too much. He needs to be smarter to be the enforcer type player. The team needs someone with a swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Sitting in and hitting on the break would have been seen by some in here as bottling it.
    Agreed.

I feel the club as a whole can't handle the pressure of this fixture. It is ingrained into the psyche of everyone that we are inferior to them as a result of years of being beneath them. The only game I thought we actually played well against them since their return to the premiership was last May at Ibrox. As a result of that I thought we might go on to win even draw with them on a regular basis, hasn't been the case.

I agree with posters on both sides of the fence regarding if it was make or break. There are many games left in the season and we are level on points with them so there is no need to panic. However, football fans around the world know how important games are against your rivals and results against Rangers (esp with us being so close to them) can only add or detract to the success of the season as a whole. There has been ump**** opportunities for us to put them in their place and we have failed to do so which causes a lot of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by deargdearg View Post
    I am surprised that some would prefer Shinnie at left back instead of Considine because of Considine'e lack of pace. Every time I have seen Shinnie play left back his lack of pace seemed alarming. I am right in saying Considine would beat over 10/20/50 yards any day? Also surprised some continually recommend Harvie for the left back slot. I wonder how many of those have ever seen Harvie play, and if so how often? I must admit I only saw him play once this year (against a Highland League side) and he was the poorest player on the field.
    Although I think we should try Shinnie at left back again, I think McInnes won't do it for a couple of reasons. The first is that he's already tried it this season and it didn't work. Shinnie started at left back earlier in the season against Partick and had a bit of a disaster. It was probably the worst I've ever seen him play in the first half of that game and McInnes often seems to make slightly knee-jerk reactions when something like that happens.

We also lost two goals from crosses in that game which he probably put down to us only having two big players in the box (the two centre backs) and he thinks if we have Considine at left back then we have three players who can win a header at set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    To be fair, AfcMad1903 probably likes the statement. That's who it's aimed at.

Shinnie is a good player, he's hard not to like but he does have to do too much or wants to do too much. He needs to be smarter to be the enforcer type player. The team needs someone with a swagger.
    I like Shinnie too.
    Not sure he has the nouse to play as a CM?
    He runs about and gets caught out of position too often & his passing isn’t great.
    I just wish & hope we sign 2 CM’s in the summer.
    One savvy Mulumbu type player & someone that can pass well.

I like Shinnie too.
    He runs about and gets caught out of position too often & his passing isn’t great.
    shinnie should **** right off and take his stupid beard with him

Quote Originally Posted by bullen_an_la View Post
    Daddy beats me and I wet the bed
    I love Shinnie's energy in the centre mid but I said elsewhere he needs somebody beside him that compliments him, and who that is varies game to game.

too many people panicking just cos we lost to the unwashed.

we need to get 2 midfielders who are willing to chase back as the opposition has spotted a big gap in midfield when they get the ball which makes it easier for them to counter attack.

We also need a new striker as Rooney doesn't look fit anymore & is exposed against the top teams

I like Shinnie too.
    We could sign Sergio Busquets and Luka Modric in the summer and there would still be folk moaning on here that they aren’t good enough,so god help the midfielders we do sign.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    I'd say the panicking is due to us needing 2 midfielders practically the whole of DM's tenure & his inability to address that and the equally long-term LB issue...
    Spot on bro.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast