+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hourihane

Hourihane

Got quite a bit of stick today , plenty booing him and telling him in no uncertain terms what they thought after his goal celebration

I find the love in for him a bit sickly tbh now

He’ll never come back here now so *** him move on

I think he's the right to celebrate with his teammates 12 months on from leaving the club .

I'm assuming he didn't run towards the reds fans and slide in front of them giving it the big fist pump which is a different thing .

At the end of the day Villa are under enormous pressure to get promoted and I can understand it when they score a decisive goal , only human nature .

He did well for us after a sticky start - he should always be clapped as an ex-player on his return, but we need to let it go! A year on, he no longer plays for us!

Some fans even clapping him when he scored

He did well here but asked for a transfer instead of seeing the season out . It’s just a job for them , all this badge kissing and chest thumping is just Boloxs

Another one who talks boloxs......

THEY may not be far apart in the Championship table, but QPR midfielder Josh Scowen believes he’s now playing at a bigger club following his summer move from Barnsley.

The 24-year-old midfielder has been a consistent performer for the R’s this season as one third of a regular midfield trio alongside Luke Freeman and Massimo Luongo.

Scowen was captured by Hoops boss Ian Holloway in July, having turned down a new contract with the Tykes, where he’d been an integral part of the side that won promotion to the Championship in the 2015-16 season.

The Enfield-born player has plenty of affection for his former club, while Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom has spoken highly of him since his departure – but Scowen cites ambition as the key driver behind his move.

“I was happy at Barnsley but, obviously, a deal couldn’t be struck there,” said the former Wycombe man. “I’ve always believed in myself that I could go to bigger clubs and that’s where I’ve ended up.

“I think QPR is a bigger club and I’ve always believed in myself that I could play at the highest level possible.

“I settled in here straight away really, playing right from the first game of the season. All the boys and staff here made it easy to do that.

“It’s nice to be near to my family now. They’re only round the corner when you need them and that’s made it easier. It’s nice to have a babysitter nearby!”

If Scowen joined Fulham next week he'd be saying they were a bigger club than QPR .

What does it all mean ?

Absolutely nothing , hammered at home today by Boro and struggling the same as we are in the championship .

Tha joined another struggling championship club Josh who paid thi a good wedge cos tha cost nowt .

End .

Just back on Hourihane, the bloke was club captain and could have seen the season out but he went to PC who was in Weston Park and terminally ill and told him he wanted to leave . PC asked him to stay but he pushed to leave there and then even though he could have got a bigger and better move at the end of the season and he knew that it would crumble our season .

Just another mercenary footballer no matter what .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Just back on Hourihane, the bloke was club captain and could have seen the season out but he went to PC who was in Weston Park and terminally ill and told him he wanted to leave . PC asked him to stay but he pushed to leave there and then even though he could have got a bigger and better move at the end of the season and he knew that it would crumble our season .

Just another mercenary footballer no matter what .

He'll always be fondly remembered and was one of the best midfielders I've seen at oakwell. I've nowt against him but I wouldn't applaud him either because as you say ESR, he's nowt to do with us now

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Got quite a bit of stick today , plenty booing him and telling him in no uncertain terms what they thought after his goal celebration. I find the love in for him a bit sickly tbh now. He’ll never come back here now so *** him move on
    Brilliant Esr, I totally agree with that and as much as I admired Conor when he was here, the simple fact is hes NOT here now and hes also playing against and scoring against us now. Lets let it go eh lads, he wont ever come back here and whether he does still come back to watch some matches at Oakwell is irrelevant for me now.

Best midfielder...... Nah. Readers was better, and probably a few more. Just happened to be in a team that clicked together. He will be off back down to Championship when they get promoted. Like s him... but he wasn’t the best Scowen comments are true..... they are a bigger club than us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast